Quantcast

Anyone ride Accotink Last night (thurs apr 6)

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
Was riding alone out there between 530 and 7 and along the trail that runs next to the train tracks there were some shady characters.

By the pile of railroad ties there was a Hobo with shoulder length white/blonde hair...you know...not the clown type but the killing type.

Then there were two hikers that looked like they took a wrong turn out of WV and ended up in NoVa.

Anyone see this?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
You saw a homeless guy out on a trail system and assumed he was "the killing type"? What is wrong with people from West Virginia? Many of the finest people I have ever known are from West VA.

Spend more time riding and less time worrying about other people you don't know anything about.

jvp108

king of the road
Mar 21, 2006
filthadelphia
i'm sure he was a nice homeless person. in fact i've tried to help out the ones that always sleep under arches at the Reagan Building Downtown. This dude just looked scary, and the fact that he stood up and stared me down didnt make it any better either.

Besides, I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was shady, not looking to get into a debate on homeless people.

And, nothing is wrong with people in WV, in fact I have been there and love the outdoors lifestlye it has to offer. I am from central PA and have met way more scary characters there than from anywhere else.

Are you from WV? My bad if you are.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I was out there last night riding, I know I saw a group of 4 people out in the back section of Accotink witha black dog. They didn't really stand out though. I wasn't paying that much attention though.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
corey_dcstreet said:
dude, i was born and raised in Wheeling, WV. It didn't bother me a bit.
Well, we aren't drones. I wouldn't expect us to think a like.

If you are so upset with "internet policing" why are you policing me now?

Christ, you are already WAY more worked up about this than I was.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Homeless people are a blight on society and should be paid a minor sum to fight each other on film for my personal amusement, and if they refuse, get chased with baseball bats by those three frathouse douchebags from Florida.

People from West Virginia are scary, end of story. Anyone seen Deliverance? No seriously, have you seen it because I haven't and I hear Burt Reynolds is dreamy.

There, now you really have something to get worked up about. You can thank me later for my in jest political incorrectness for political incorrectness's sake. ;)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
HotButterToppin said:
Homeless people are a blight on society and should be paid a minor sum to fight each other on film for my personal amusement, and if they refuse, get chased with baseball bats by those three frathouse douchebags from Florida.
Now that was worth a chuckle :)

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
deliverance is awesome. homeless people are scary. burt reynolds is hot. i'm not even a little worked up. this place should be more fun.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Corey sucks.

Therefore WVa must suck as Corey is from there.

Is this working?

Awe man, I can't do this. Corey's a cool guy and I've had fun every time I've been to WVa.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
HotButterToppin said:

People from West Virginia are scary, end of story. Anyone seen Deliverance? No seriously, have you seen it because I haven't and I hear Burt Reynolds is dreamy.

There, now you really have something to get worked up about. You can thank me later for my in jest political incorrectness for political incorrectness's sake. ;)
"Deliverance" was filmed in Georgia btw, if you want the finest West Virginia has to offer, I would suggest you get a copy of Jesco White "the Dancing Outlaw". It's a classic.
www.Dancingoutlaw.com

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
jvp108 said:
I hope you mean on the lame azz rail trails around here because all of the trails are muddy
Urban riding. By the way, why does no one ride in the mud here? In the NW that's all we do. I mean, it rains constantly during the winter so mud is the only option. What's the big deal about mud out here? It doesn't ruin the trails.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
It does harm the trails by eroding them more quickly. It is fun as hell to get completely covered trudging the mud though.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
There ARE some trails around here that drain well enough to be ridden when wet. But I dare not mention them for fear of reprisal.

Hey, I though we were making fun of WVa... I mean c'mon, Corey and VPFree's dad...... what a state...

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Alright fine, how do you know if a girl from West Virginia is still a virgin?

....if she can out run her brother.