Quantcast

Anyone ride at Snowshoe?

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
According to their web site amateur women race for free for the 4 races there, and they ride free on any Sunday. This is my first season trying the downhill thing (I've ridden XC for 7 years) and I wouldn't mind meeting a least a couple of other women who ride.

monchichi8

Chimp
Mar 4, 2006
Boulder, CO
We went last year. The conditions were horrible that weekend but it was my girl's first real downhill trip so she wasn't going to let ANYTHING stop her. (It rained and rained and rained some more.)She had a great time regardless! Some parts were just entirely too muddy and slippery for her and she walked her bike down the really hairy parts. But, she was the only girl out there with us and she kept up. She far exceeded even her own expectations. I was super proud of her and she was super proud of herself.

She says her favorite trail was Powerade Powerline.

Unfortunately, i don't know anything about the free races. But, good luck and I hope you have a great time.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks! Your bike is ready for it's first dirt ride tomorrow at Wintergreen. It now has a re-built rear shock, new front tire, new seat and pedals and I shortened the rear derailluer cable by putting on a Avid rollamajig. Can't wait to test it out!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I hope to make it Snowshoe between June and September...not sure of my race schedule yet... cool that they are trying to encourage more women to ride by reducing their price!