Quantcast

Anyone riding a Giant Reign X?

deelux 247

Chimp
May 10, 2004
Sherwood, Oregon
I think that just by looking at the specs you can't really tell how this bike is going to perform but from experience I know that this bike would be a rocking 7" dh bike even with the stock shock. I wouldn't waste the money on a cane creek shock until you have a chance to see how well this bike performs with the DHX. Right now I am running the fox 36 and the HA feels a little bit steep but I am getting used to it and am actually liking the responsiveness of this frame. As far as not having 7 full inches of travel, give me a break. If you are that dependent on that additional .3" you probably shouldn't be looking at this bike.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I'm starting to doubt if Giant knows what time it is. They lengthend the TT on the XS Reign X with 0,6". I like a DH bike to have shorter TT than a bike I'm going to pedal sitting in the saddle..

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
I'm starting to doubt if Giant knows what time it is. They lengthend the TT on the XS Reign X with 0,6". I like a DH bike to have shorter TT than a bike I'm going to pedal sitting in the saddle..
Apparently Giant just sucks at listing geometry... I've heard lots of people say that the bikes actually measure differently than listed (in a good way). And who doesn't list a BB height? Honestly...:twitch:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Seeing reports of guys on MTBR putting a longer stroke shock on their Reigns. Instead of the 2" stroke shock they are putting a same I to I 2.25" stroke. They report that the bike feels way better and are getting more travel out of the bike with no frame problems. I wonder if anyone has tried this with a Reign X? In theory .25 more stroke should give about .75” more travel. This would make the Reign X 7.25” to 7.5”.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Seeing reports of guys on MTBR putting a longer stroke shock on their Reigns. Instead of the 2" stroke shock they are putting a same I to I 2.25" stroke. They report that the bike feels way better and are getting more travel out of the bike with no frame problems. I wonder if anyone has tried this with a Reign X? In theory .25 more stroke should give about .75” more travel. This would make the Reign X 7.25” to 7.5”.
The Reign X stock uses a 7.875x2.25 right? I think it would be hard to find a 7.875x2.5, or even an an 8x2.5. The next size up in a DHX is 8.5x2.5. I couldn't find any info on the CCDB though, maybe that would have the right size.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
The Reign X stock uses a 7.875x2.25 right? I think it would be hard to find a 7.875x2.5, or even an an 8x2.5. The next size up in a DHX is 8.5x2.5. I couldn't find any info on the CCDB though, maybe that would have the right size.
I bet you could get Cane Creek to make that size in a DB. Still, I don't think I will be getting one of these frames till next season. Maybe then it will be 7"+. I will be running the Glory this year. I just wanted to throw that out there to ask if anyone has tried it yet.