Quantcast

Anyone riding shed this weekend? (new bike!)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I could use a tourguide/shuttle buddy. My replacement ride is ready to roll and I need to get it dialed in. yay for renter's insurance!

You mean a XC ride on the Catoctin Blue Trail, that runs roughly 25 miles from Gambril to Cunningham Falls...right?? Or do you mean a road ride from the bottom of Hamburg Rd. down Harmony, and then through seanic Meyersville??

Show up for the cleanup....goto savetheshed.......

KD1569
Cyclist

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Could someone PM me directions to the good stuff up there? I found the Hamburg parking area and blue trails, but that's it. I think I remember reading you have to drive past hamburg for the better trails. Any help? How long is the hike/ride back up?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
KD1569 said:
You can meet some tourguides and get all the info you need when you come to the cleanup...see Onetime's post

KD1569
Cyclist
crazy carl, lay off. I'm talking about this weekend and the clean up isn't until 4/22. and by the way, road ride? who the poop are you?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
KD1569 said:
You guys need to lighten up a little....besides there's nothing wrong with road riding...ya'll should try it sometime.

KD1569
Cyclist
I thought it was pretty funny. I could almost hear panties wadding as I read the posts.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
Regarding directions to "trails in the shed" maybe try searching for them on this forum. If they aren't there its because this issue has come up many times before and have been deleted many times before!!! Hellloooo anyone read the thread that was just deleted 2 days ago?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA

Made it out today. The 66 is sick! The adjustments are crazy.
The last long travel suspension I rode was a Super T with Vanilla RC rear. I'd say the engineering has improved. :)

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
Transfer said:

Made it out today. The 66 is sick! The adjustments are crazy.
The last long travel suspension I rode was a Super T with Vanilla RC rear. I'd say the engineering has improved. :)
Man I really like the looks of that bike...congrats! I like the clear e13 too.

I'm probably out for the shed until I get my fork rebuilt (build kit will hopefully arrive this Friday, not holding breath though).

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Trying to plan my week. Think I'm doing a yard sale Saturday and riding Sunday maybe. I'll know closer to the end of the week.

I just bought another computer yesterday so I gotta hold off on my Iron Horse 7.3 purchase another two weeks. Bah.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Bent it on a pretty light fall on big rocks but didn't realize it. Second run I shifted it up and it went in the spokes. snapped near the hanger. It was an x.9 long cage. twang!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
OldschoolMTBiker snapped his ASX rear hanger and mangled his drivetrain the first time he rode with us at the Shed. It was a funny turn of events, but long story short after landing a jump smooth the following stuff exploded:

Front mech (into 4 pieces)
Chain
Front mech cable
Rear mech into spokes
Hanger sheared off at the two screws (but not bent, strangely)
Couple broken spokes from the rear mech

On the first run of the day no less. I think he's jinxed. ;)

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Yep, my bike's been sold to someone else. Better hope they never see me up there lest they wind up sharing a spot with that hooker in my trunk.

I know your name too, if you're reading this, wiley usurper.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
KD1569 said:
I believe it's already been sold....sorry brah...

KD1569
Cyclist
You're not that really annoying guy that thinks he's better than everyone at the shed are you? You have a G/F that thinks the same, no?

I think we should settle this once an for all.....

We should battle it out...on the mic...ya know 8 Mile style...I'll even call you Rabbit......

or

A contest to see who can paint my townhouse first so I have more time to ride.....

The glove has been thrown down.....

KD1569
aka "MC Leg-Shaver"
Cyclist

His name's HBT from the "Old Line State"....
Goes up to Frederick, makes the locals irate...
Tried to buy a bike, wasn't too quick...
Now he's online bitin' my.................

Posts and posts, all day long...
Thinking he's right, and everyone's wrong...
Fronting from up in the ol' Charm City...
But his flow, like his riding is nothing but.............

I think I have a new career...somebody call Dr. Dre!!!!

KD1569
Cyclist
Rapper

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
KD1569 said:
His name's HBT from the "Old Line State"....
Goes up to Frederick, makes the locals irate...
Tried to buy a bike, wasn't too quick...
Now he's online bitin' my.................

Posts and posts, all day long...
Thinking he's right, and everyone's wrong...
Fronting from up in the ol' Charm City...
But his flow, like his riding is nothing but.............

I think I have a new career...somebody call Dr. Dre!!!!

KD1569
Cyclist
Rapper
You're pathetic, someone please kill this thread.

Kill it?? Now you're going all Compton, gangsta style on us...

Seriously folks, I'm just having a little fun. No hard feelings?!?? Should I send an e-card to you guys, or just give you a hug in person?? 'Cause it sounds like you may need one......

Keeping it real, on the DL, on tha gangsta tip....rollin on dubs...

KD1569
cyclist