Quantcast

Anyone riding shed this weekend? (new bike!)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I still don't have a derailleur so, I'll most likely be trying out 495 on the singlespeed for the first time. What time are you guys heading down there?

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Hey Judd,
Do they guys over where you are whine about the sercrecy of trails like they did/do over here? I stopped paying attention to the local boards so I don't hear about it anymore, but it probably continues when new riders find out about new or previously unknown trails. Is there the concern for liability there too like there is here, or is it worse because you're in such close proximity to so many hungry lawyers?
And what is with the brand name dropping on the East Coast?

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I would ride in the rain.

But sadly those f*ckheads at Performance didn't get my bike shipped to the store this week despite ordering it early last Saturday and telling me it was in stock in a regional warehouse. So no Shed for me this weekend, I might as well take the time to work on my kitchen.

I'm going to burn that motherf*cking shop to the ground.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
HotButterToppin said:
I would ride in the rain.

But sadly those f*ckheads at Performance didn't get my bike shipped to the store this week despite ordering it early last Saturday and telling me it was in stock in a regional warehouse. So no Shed for me this weekend, I might as well take the time to work on my kitchen.

I'm going to burn that motherf*cking shop to the ground.
Wait, what did you order?

HBT, and others,

I like to think of our little "banter" in the same terms of two basketball players talking smack to each other on the court. Just part of a little freindly competition. If you're getting all worked up over some trash-talking, may I suggest a nice bubble bath, a glass of wine, and maybe some soothing music?? (Sting works really well)

As for my "Pro Racer X wanna be Travis Pastrana look"...I have turned wrenches in bike shops for over 7 years now, true I have made some industry contacts...I've helped out at DH races. I can also write a good resume. I suggest that you (and anyone else for that matter) do the same. Besides the obvious discounts on really pimp sh#t, you can get an inside view of how this whole cycling thing really works. Hell you might even learn something. The Racers Edge crew is always looking for people to help promote the sport, MORE wants help, and every bike shop I know of is hiring. doing any of all of that would be a great experience. Just a thought...

KD1569
Cyclist

PS
Brunettes.....how could you ever be mad at Corey?? He's like a little teddy bear.

J/K Corey

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I ordered a nice new Radio Flyer red lacquored wagon. The other guys I ride with figure if they tow me behind them I'll be more likely to keep up and not get dropped off the back of the pack. Look for a 6'7" asian guy being pulled behind a silver ASX.

Say hello, maybe I'll let you ride shotgun in the front basket, but not behind me because that would just be too Brokeback Mountainbiking.

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
It's nice out. I'm going to 495. I'll be the one crashing a lot or staring at the jumps nervously. Please don't make fun of me. haha

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Transfer said:
It's nice out. I'm going to 495. I'll be the one crashing a lot or staring at the jumps nervously. Please don't make fun of me. haha
I wish I could be out crashing a lot and looking timidly at the 495's. Unfortunately I am stuck here at work.... have fun!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
My new radio flyer rigid wagon I'll be riding....yeah, that's right ladies, just like a Shetland Pony.

During the week the wagon is actually how I get it around town. ;)

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Oh it's on now motherf*ckers!!!

I'm taking delivery of my new Radio Flyer wagon tonight and will be hitting up the Shed this weekend for sure. Who's game for some shuttling and hikin' Saturday and/or Sunday?

Weather is supposed to be blue bird on Saturday, chance of rain Sunday (that won't stop me).

P.S. Hah-hah, I win Brunettes....unless your wheels come before tonight when I pick up my new ride.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
So are we on for saturday morn? I need to see HBT rip it up on the new Iron Horse. Or fall down and cry like a little shcool girl.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
At this point I will say 90% yes. I have a meeting tomorrow to see if I am transferring job sites. This will dictate my ability to get a friday and monday off. I will let you guys know asap. Sorry for the delay.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Oh you bitches better look out....

Yesterday I was talked into hitting a drop on my hardtail that I passed on the day before. Now ya know that means I'm gonna send it curb-huck-style on Saturday.

.....or not.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
God bless a frickafracking mother sucking goat from your anus.

I finally got my new warranty frame back and it's the wrong freaking size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have to send it back. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I havent seen any horns up at the shed so what does that tell you? JK guys.

HBT you know we are going to talk you into a yard sale right. Just one of those high speed cartwheels over the bars and then to the nut buster on a rock.

Rain or shine tomorrow right? The shuttle truck will be good to go. Come one come all.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
rpk1988 said:
Wow, that really sucks Dave. Did they send you the 15.5". Hmmmm.

Yes. It's way too short for my gangley ass. If I wanted a DJ bike it would be perfect but I really need a trail / all around bike. Dang it.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Hey just let me know what time you all want to meet up at the cell tower. Earlier the better. I m not sure about you guys but id like to get a sh&* load of runs in tomorrow.

Let me know. And HBT its go time!!!!!!!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I can hang til about 2:30-3:00 at the latest, so the more runs the better. Less yammering and hardcore free-chatting this time perhaps. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that I don't like any of you and would prefer not to make conversation. ;)

I'll be there as close to 10 as possible. But it seems like every time I try to get out the door by 9am I have to stop and get gas or inflate my slowly leaking tire or pull the bloody pulp of an unlucky elderly man out of my wheel well. Such a hassle.

In honor of the momentus ocassion I may even wash my car today and clean some of the petrified chicken mcnuggets out of the upholstry.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
HBT you may want to ditch the dead hooker out of the trunk as well. Less traveling mass. By the way we are a bunch of dicks anyway so no small chat tomorrow. Just some great crashes and trash talking.