Quantcast

Anyone riding Wisp this wkend?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I am thinking that we are heading down on Sat. morning, then cruising up to 7springs on sat evening to watch the 24 hour race then hit the dh run on Sunday.

anyone going to be at Wisp on Saturday?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
what time you all planning to get there?
I think we are heading down in the morning prob. going to be ready to ride by 10:30 or 11?

If you still have my cell, give me a ring!

If not I can PM it to you... if you think you want to go or decide at the last minute you are more than welcome to jump on the lifts with us :thumb:

I want to keep practicing that jump line :thumb: I suck at DJ'n :disgust1:

bbruno

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
I am thinking that we are heading down on Sat. morning, then cruising up to 7springs on sat evening to watch the 24 hour race then hit the dh run on Sunday.

anyone going to be at Wisp on Saturday?
I would do that, I need to be a the shed early Sat. But I have to check out something different 7 Springs is the answer!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
anybody know a better route to wisp than 70? I should have your # so I'll hit ya when I get there. I'm on a white yakuza with a silver oneal helmet if can't tell who I am through the goggles.

bbruno

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
848-207-7441
I was silver demo 9, but I'm Cannodale Judge as of last week..........
Black Tacoma Jersey tags

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
anybody know a better route to wisp than 70? I should have your # so I'll hit ya when I get there. I'm on a white yakuza with a silver oneal helmet if can't tell who I am through the goggles.
Sweet,

I look forward to seeing you! I am riding a raw Yeti AS-X blk 661 helmet.

bbruno, was that you at Wisp a few weeks back?

I know that 7 springs is going to be great next year, and I have an inside line on the prelim ride reports that say the course they put in this year is really smooooooth and well groomed... they are going to put in a bunch of time next week planning out the back side of the mountain... It is really in our best interest to pay 20 bucks just to ride the lift and pin it down their hill! This year in the programs infancy the owners have tossed a ton of time and money into the course:thumb: I will do what I can to be there as much as possible to make sure that they see the rider support, so they continue putting money into the program... How awesome would it be to have Snowshoe, Wisp, Diablo, 7 springs, all with great programs within a daytrip driving distance?

I will look for you at the springs...

my cell #4one2-965-2708

if anyone else is at the springs give me a call!

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Just saw this tread.

I was there riding the DH on Sunday but didn't see this thread before I left. Hit up all the DH trails a few times, good stuff.

Was anyone else there?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Yeah that was probably me....That dual course is so much fun now...just wish Hartlove had shown up because I had planned on working on it....it is so rough and slow right now. I will probably be back up there is two weeks again. Shoot me a pm next time you are going.
Adam

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
Didn't know there were that many bikers on the mountain!
I was riding my Kona Stab Primo, my buds were on a Foes and Brooklyn. Nice riding, sloooowww lift.

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
I was up there this past Saturday. Rode XC in the morning and DH in the afternoon. It was good to hook up with some of you and get an idea of what real DH is.

I wanted to ride on Sunday as well but but crashed hard on my last DH run on the the big tranfer up to the slope on the bottom of the race course. I was flying till I hit the ground :)

The lift was slow. It took 5 minutes longer to ride the lift up than it did to ride my bike up. Of course my knees didn't hurt after riding the lift!

(I was riding a gold Lenz Sport Leviathan 29er fro XC and a Cannondale Prophet MX2 for DH)

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
New to the Monkey. I didn't realize so many people were @ Wisp. I was up there last saturday w/ my brother(me- 04' SGS, Bro- Ventana) It was the first time I actually saw other riders. Like the jump trail.

If anyone is ever up to doing some riding, let me know.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Yeah that was probably me....That dual course is so much fun now...just wish Hartlove had shown up because I had planned on working on it....it is so rough and slow right now. I will probably be back up there is two weeks again. Shoot me a pm next time you are going.
Adam
I'll be at wisp on saturday it looks like. Anyone else gonna be there

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Does anyone have pictures of the new slopestyle stuff ?
There will not be a slopestyle at Wisp for the finals. However, we are going to put together a dirt jump comp. and the dual track has been completely re-built for the finals. New for this event - Double Elimination!

The 2nd annual BikeToberJam will be held at the Hereford Fall & Wine Festival on October 20-21. Events will include: Dual racing, Dirt Jump Comp. - both on Saturday. MAC Awards banquet - Sat. night. Mini-Motocross on Sunday
You don't want to miss out - last year was a Blast!

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I may be up on Sunday, if I find someone to ride. Actually, I may just head up. 2 weeks ago the dual track was looking and riding real nice. One of the workers was telling us they just worked on it. Good job.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
There will not be a slopestyle at Wisp for the finals. However, we are going to put together a dirt jump comp. and the dual track has been completely re-built for the finals. New for this event - Double Elimination!

The 2nd annual BikeToberJam will be held at the Hereford Fall & Wine Festival on October 20-21. Events will include: Dual racing, Dirt Jump Comp. - both on Saturday. MAC Awards banquet - Sat. night. Mini-Motocross on Sunday
NICE ! I'm super excited ! What are the classes for the mini moto ? Should I try and get my xr100 finished finally ? Damn I'm gonna be throwin down hella whips.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Can't wait. Most fun on a bike all last year! Let us know how the track is progressing (and when we can come out and ride it. :greedy: )

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
I was up there on saturday doing Hillarys clinic! it was a blast but veryyyyyy cold! SAw a few riders! Congrats to Paul on getting second for the dual race!!
Thanks KC! I was stoked to stumble upon a collegiate race like that. It was a great way to end a day of DH runs. I skipped the collegiate dh race so I could work on the MAC course.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
i wont be able to go until next weekend anyway my bike is outa commision until performance bike decides to stop goofing around with my order

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
i wanna say $30? ya should be able to ride the rest of the mtn, and probably even the race course if you dont mind getting run over.
$30 is correct for a one day lift/trail pass.

for that money you will be able to ride anywhere and everywhere you normally can, except for the race course while the race is happening.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yep ! I think i saw you on a demo? I looked for you at the top a few times but didn't see you. I rode with Paul - Racersedge guy a little bit and his buddies.
Right on, the video looked very familiar! I think I raced Paul in slalom that night? I had a blast riding trails all weekend, they've done a ton of great work up there.