Quantcast

Anyone see the meteor?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i heard about it this morning from workers. Pretty incredible to think that if one gets thru and is the size of a truck it will hit with force like a nuclear bomb.
One time early in my morning commute years ago i was driving north on the viaduct in Seattle and i saw a meteor with flames and all trail in the dimly lit dawn sky. it was TRIPPY!!!!!

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
I didn't see this one but I used to see them all the time back in high school.

Might have had something to do with chemicals though.....:confused:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Earthmover
Heard it, didn't see it. Wish I could have, would have been very cool...
I'm just wondering why it made a loud sound? It doesnt seem to make sense to me why one would make a loud sound. I didnt hear anything last night, and given my location, I wouldn't have seen it even if I was awake at the time.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by dwaugh
I'm just wondering why it made a loud sound? It doesnt seem to make sense to me why one would make a loud sound. I didnt hear anything last night, and given my location, I wouldn't have seen it even if I was awake at the time.
its called physics....look into it......:D

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Skookum
and this one time... at band camp.... i saw a meteor with flames and all trail in the dimly lit dawn sky. it was TRIPPY!!!!!

I think someone was smoking a little too much happiness that morning?:D

guasmoa

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
Bellingham, WA
I heard the Meteor this morning and it scared the crap out of me. I live in Bellingham, and at 2:40 in the morning, it sounded like my house went through a shudder and i was being robbed. Two minutes later, someone calls me on my cell phone. It was scary as hell. I answered the phone and no one was there, just a bunch of fuzz and a repeting voice. Anyways, checked the number in my Call log, and it says No number, but a call appears at 2:44 AM. Pretttttty crazy if you ask me.....

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Originally posted by dwaugh
I'm just wondering why it made a loud sound? It doesnt seem to make sense to me why one would make a loud sound.
Sonic boom of a (reletively) large object entering the atmosphere at a very high rate of speed. Physics IS cool!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Earthmover
Sonic boom of a (reletively) large object entering the atmosphere at a very high rate of speed. Physics IS cool!
I knew that, I just wasnt thinking when I wrote that. I remembered later. Plus, I'm only 15, not quite in Physics yet, but I really can't wait to be in that class.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by DHRacer
I think someone was smoking a little too much happiness that morning?:D
No way man i seen what i saw.:D i don't count anything that i've seen from the years 86 to 94 just so i won't be discounted on credibility.:D :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by freeridekid
did anyone see the images from the security cameras where the sky just lit up and one showed the meteor's reflection in a car's window?
nope but i'd like to.... links?