Quantcast

anyone seen the 05 shiver?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
ViolentVolante said:
no matter what ya tell yourself it wont ever be as good as the 2.0 :D
[hijack]VV, do you happen to have that 2.0 review you posted a while back, because I can't seem to find it. With the absence of the shiver, that might be my next fork [hijack]

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
The Kadvang said:
[hijack]VV, do you happen to have that 2.0 review you posted a while back, because I can't seem to find it. With the absence of the shiver, that might be my next fork [hijack]
i dont have the review saved anywhere, but look around next weekend, im gonna post some reviews and pics of my new goods, and ill throw a review of the 2.0 in there

B

bigkonarider

GOTTA KEEP THE MONSTER-T THOUGH !!!!!!! :thumb:

MikeD said:
Oh, yeah...I'm thinking that'd look great on the business end of a Canfield F1...mmmmmm...

I really hope they don't drop the shiver in favor of the 888 anytime soon. I like that fork. If anything, they should drop the Jr/Super forks IMHO, and go to entirely 888-based standard DH forks and the inverted Shiver.

MD

Sep 10, 2001
Allow me to blow the dust off of this thread.... Shiver fans, rejoice... It looks like the Shiver will be making a limited appearence in the States for 05.... Pricing and availability is still being worked out, but they will be here for 05....

Brian

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
vitox said:
im gonna say this before you guys get at brian p`s soft spot and marzousa ends up with a warehouse full of black shivers.

"its not my fault"

repeating this but i dont think it will be necessary.

hooray for brian p.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Brian Peterson said:
Allow me to blow the dust off of this thread.... Shiver fans, rejoice... It looks like the Shiver will be making a limited appearence in the States for 05.... Pricing and availability is still being worked out, but they will be here for 05....

Brian

Sweet! :thumb:

Will BTI have them?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Damm, that black shiver would work wonders on my black M1 :)

I have shivers on all my bikes. Like said before, they are reliable, cheap to maintain, and work very well. For myself a spring change was all that was necessary and off they went. Both work better than any other thing I have tested.

The super/junior T line of forks will be replaced with 888 variations of some sort (like the 66) and a drop off I think that is the same travel. Marzocchi doesn't need a 4", 5", 6", 7", and 8" travel fork. They can loose that 7" mark and just keep 6" and 8" as their range. Saves the company money...

Thank god though Shivers will have supportable parts for a while. If all else fails you'll just have to get a dorado or somethin else that's inverted. Until that day comes, I'm on my shivers.

BTW, they are 2002 models, so almost 3 years strong with just oil changes, no slop, no play in the bushings, no leaks etc.... I couldn't ask for more.

MikeD said:
Oh, yeah...I'm thinking that'd look great on the business end of a Canfield F1...mmmmmm...

I really hope they don't drop the shiver in favor of the 888 anytime soon. I like that fork. If anything, they should drop the Jr/Super forks IMHO, and go to entirely 888-based standard DH forks and the inverted Shiver.

MD
The Super T is dropped for 2005!

The inner stanchions .. Hmmm I saw the fork on eurobike I think the lower lgs were also black, but I'm not definetely sure.

But I Agree lools good, but 2003 was also very good :)

but I hanged to 888 and now also to 66 RC.. the 888R has much betetr performance, thus the Shiver was superb too.