Quantcast

anyone seen the 06 Stinky's yet (pic)

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Ridemonkey said:
Dude, I sent you a polite PM about this already. WTF is the problem?
I really didn't think that posting some spy pics was that big a deal, I had no idea things were getting so tight here, its your site so no problem.

My suggestion would be to outline rules like this much more clearly so that these misunderstanding don't happen. I got your PM it said no more Press Releases, this was certainly not a Press release. Not to worry I'll play by the rules, it won't happen again.

ps- I searched the topic three different ways and nothing showed up, weird

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Are we not allowed to see spy shots anymore? Does this have to do w/ the Marzocchi fiasco last year?

Or did he simply start another thread for the new stinky?

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Matt D said:
Are we not allowed to see spy shots anymore? Does this have to do w/ the Marzocchi fiasco last year?

yeah, I'm curious too....since this forum essentially exists only for people to post, comment, whine about new gear, and how cool, not cool, crappy, or useless it will be.....

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Matt D said:

What Marzocchi fiasco?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
oly said:
Exactly - this is due to the fact that to keep RM, Transcend, Hcor and other sites alive we need advertising. The industry doesn't seem interested in any way shape or form in helping out, but boy, do they sure want free publicity.

The 3 of us have teamed up and will be forming an advertising network and content sharing network. This triples our ad selling power and offers a good balance between content sites, and forum sites. We will also be accepting new applications for membership once it gets fully operational.

We will no longer be posting product press releases of ANY kind. Race press releases will of course be allowed. If these companies want free online advertising they can go elsewhere, if they want to target what amounts to 3 of the top 5 or 6 sites statistics wise for online MTBinfo, they can pay for it.

RM's business market is just the beginning.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great idea. I don't understand why big companies doesn't want to spend some few advertising dollars online. It dosen't more target specific than on RM, Transcend and Hcor.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks. So far reaction from people we have passed this idea by is great. This includes advertising people within the industry. They only have to take one ad, get guaranteed returns and a very targetted market. It's win win.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Okay, so we can't post pics of bikes anymore? This forum is a place to share info, knowledge and pics of the sport we all love..... I know that whenever a company is mentioned it's a little bit of free publicity for them, but the pic wasn't posted by anyone trying to advertise. It was just to share a pic of a cool looking bike.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
zane said:
Okay, so we can't post pics of bikes anymore? This forum is a place to share info, knowledge and pics of the sport we all love..... I know that whenever a company is mentioned it's a little bit of free publicity for them, but the pic wasn't posted by anyone trying to advertise. It was just to share a pic of a cool looking bike.
I believe the issue was with what was essentially spam for Kona, whether intended or not. There is no problem talking about bikes and posting their pictures etc. (In fact we had a thread about this very bike a few days ago, search).

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Transcend said:
I believe the issue was with what was essentially spam for Kona, whether intended or not. There is no problem talking about bikes and posting their pictures etc. (In fact we had a thread about this very bike a few days ago, search).
I know, I saw the thread right after it was posted. If what you say is true then every pic of a new bike is spam, and if that's not allowed then what is? When do pics of a bike go from "spam" to "regular pics"? Once the bike is released? Once someone takes pics of their own bike? Remember all the pre-release pics of the yeti 303? Are those no longer allowed either?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but it seems overkill for an online forum to ban pics just because they're of a new bike.....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
zane said:
I know, I saw the thread right after it was posted. If what you say is true then every pic of a new bike is spam, and if that's not allowed then what is? When do pics of a bike go from "spam" to "regular pics"? Once the bike is released? Once someone takes pics of their own bike? Remember all the pre-release pics of the yeti 303? Are those no longer allowed either?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but it seems overkill for an online forum to ban pics just because they're of a new bike.....
It is the way it was posted..it read essentially as kona spam, whether it was or not. Here is the bike, here is its info, her eis how much it costs. etc

Tell me it's overkill after you see how much hosting this place costs, and how much it makes in ad revenue...in particular..check the column marked industry ads - $0.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I told Mr. bikealot specifically to knock it off with the press releases. He posted this slightly modified "press release" to push my buttons. That's the end of the story. If anyone else wants to complain about it, take it to another site. I'm sure ridemonkeysucks.com is available, how about you all just go make a site there?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
I told Mr. bikealot specifically to knock it off with the press releases. He posted this slightly modified "press release" to push my buttons. That's the end of the story. If anyone else wants to complain about it, take it to another site. I'm sure ridemonkeysucks.com is available, how about you all just go make a site there?
It would get even less traffic then halo2sucks.com.