Quantcast

Anyone still into the Replacements?

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I am. Been listening to the boys from Minneapolis for nearly 25 years. Still havn't found a band I like more. (Original line up with Bob Stinson of course)

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Serial Midget is right, Tim is the best album. Not just for the mats, but for everyone, in all of time.

The best song is alex chilton or possibly the cover of another girl, another planet.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I am. Been listening to the boys from Minneapolis for nearly 25 years. Still havn't found a band I like more. (Original line up with Bob Stinson of course)
I took my younger brother to see them on his 21st birthday (he was listening to Country at the time, but not so much afterwards....)

One of my top ten faves from Tim:

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I must admit, part of the reason I love Let it be so much is because I lived on the same block as the Stinson house in MPLS. This is where they shot the cover for Let it be.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
Talent show was one of the best from the Sire years. Don't tell a soul was over produced, but still 100 times better than most of the rip off ****e you hear today.

I thought it might be time to pull the first ave avatar down for a while. That place was my home away from home for many years. Destroyed numerous brain cells and one tooth at that joint. Still my favorite music venue in America.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I thought it might be time to pull the first ave avatar down for a while. That place was my home away from home for many years. Destroyed numerous brain cells and one tooth at that joint. Still my favorite music venue in America.
I was up there (from Omaha) for a 2 week freelance gig (rebranding some shotgun shell packaging... :greedy:) many, many years ago and hit First Ave the 3rd night there and I still believe I am the only person to ever attend a Marilyn Manson show (before he was famous) in a Ralph Lauren shirt...

:biggrin:

psychodad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
New York
I have 1 Replacements cassette that is pretty much worn out so bad it isn't even worth listening to. I thought they vanished in thin air. Only 1 radio station near me played Replacements in the 80's. Our radio stations SUCK near Albany NY, unless you like payola'd corporate repetitiveness crap.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
What did you think of MPLS?
It was a hotspot for graphic designers back in the day and I really wanted to be there, but just like now (20 years later), if you tell an Art Director they haven't got a clue, you leave with a few knives in your back with middle fingers hung high...

I cruised to Phoenix 11 years ago, but it's still the same ****. Maybe I should go "home" again...

:huh:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have 1 Replacements cassette that is pretty much worn out so bad it isn't even worth listening to. I thought they vanished in thin air. Only 1 radio station near me played Replacements in the 80's. Our radio stations SUCK near Albany NY, unless you like payola'd corporate repetitiveness crap.
Best band ever IMO. PM me your email addy, and I'll hook ya up. :cheers:

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
You started it MtBike-I have a feeling you are a cubs fan anyway.

Thank God we will be riding together in Oregon where baseball does not matter, only mountains.

At least we can agree with stinkyboy that the mats are the best band ever.