Quantcast

Anyone tried these pedals?

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
It appears Nicolai has sold the rights to their patented "speed hole" technology.

They certainly look as good as anything, but I can't say I've tried them. I just wanted to make the speedhole comment. I'd like to pick a set up, though.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
those look like they'd feel good! And I've had very good experiences w/ speedplay... but let's see... that was over 10 years ago?! w/ the frogs :) float float float.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
The shop I work at sells them. There pretty light, the bearings feel pretty good. but personally, there too many pins for me, especially that one in the middle. When I put them on the floor and stepped on them, they felt a little weird and didnt grip very well. But thats just my 2 cents.

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
I have some. They are almost too grippy, and I like really grippy pedals. Takes a few runs to figure out how to adjust your feet. The pins are very tall. Light too, they weigh about the same as pdmx30's according to the scale at work.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
greenreese said:
I have some. They are almost too grippy, and I like really grippy pedals. Takes a few runs to figure out how to adjust your feet. The pins are very tall. Light too, they weigh about the same as pdmx30's according to the scale at work.
so you wouldnt want to run them with intense shoes :dead:?

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
so you wouldnt want to run them with intense shoes :dead:?

I was actually thinking about that. I haven't tried those shoes, but if you can't get enough grip with plain old skate shoes on these pedals, I don't know what to tell you. As I said, I like really, really grippy pedals. I used to use super tenderizers with dry wall screws coming out about 1cm. Those were so grippy they ended up cutting and ripping holes into the soles of my shoes and cutting my feet. These might not be quite that grippy, but at least the screws are not jagged. Standing on these pedals almost feels as if you are standing on the pins and not even the pedal itself. You have to wiggle your feet around a little bit to get the pins to set into your shoe. I like them so far.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
EDIT: found the weight on their site: 565g

-----------
I would like to know the weight. It'd be cool if they made a mag version too.
I just ordered some of those Xpedos though.

-r

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'd say skip 'em because if you get chunky mud on your shoes there's no place for it to go immediately. Cool looking but not enough cut out for your shoe and foot to set in and mud to pass through "instantly"...it would ooze like beef in the grinder.

Oh, and ANY pedal is better with 5.10's.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
go with some nyc freeride glory holes or race lites if your worried about weight. they clear mud much easier, are handmade and assembled and come in violet purple and gold bling bilng

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
dexter said:
go with some nyc freeride glory holes or race lites if your worried about weight. they clear mud much easier, are handmade and assembled and come in violet purple and gold bling bilng
I was considering those based on comments I've read but I cannot find any place that has them for sale.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
damn you manhattanprjk83 no they didnt. contact andy at yanluowang@nyc.rr.com and he will get you all straightened out. or you will be able to order off this site once bill gives the rights to andy so it doesnt say they are out of biz. tellin ya these pedlas are dope, the race lites feel a tad and i mean a tad bit heavier than my welgo mags- ti spindle. plus they look wayy stronger and alot cooler