Quantcast

anyone u for dj at the 495 jumps on friday morring at like 10 am

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
anyone u for dj at the 495 jumps on friday morring at like 10 am. if you what to go please post a respones, because that will depict if i will go or not. also post if for some reason you know that jumps are going to be muddy

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
It rained off and on all day and it's raining right now. The forecast calls for rain through 3AM Friday. It's going to be muddy and soft. I wouldn't go.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i guess we will see what happens then. btw where do you live. and it looks like the rain is over by the weather map. also the rain that was just falling is very light just enough to keep the dirt damp.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
22305. All I'm saying is, if it were me, I wouldn't go until we had at least another few days of dry weather (whenever that might be :rolleyes: ...friggin spring.)

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
People way underestimate how dry 495 can be. I was their earlier today and it started to rain, but it was barely noticable at the jumps because the leaves got most of it (it wasn't raining that hard though). If it's wet tomorrow then we simply won't jump. Not a biggie for me as I live within a 5 minute ride from 495. :cool:

BTW: I'll be there.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
where was everyone i waited until like 10:25 and no one was there. i got boreed waiting and then left!

What happened david where were you!
you little bastige!!!

Freride_Pyro

Chimp
Jan 29, 2004
annandale, VA
i got there about 11, david was there by 10:30 i think, maybe 10:45. u should've just stayed and riden by yourself till we got there. maybe we do it next friday afternoon or somethin

Freride_Pyro

Chimp
Jan 29, 2004
annandale, VA
after dirtyjumpin we came back to the park behind my house and i hit a bridge drop and creek gap that we had built. i got sabout 7 1/2 of the drop. it was sweet. ill try to post the pics but im, not sure if they will come out well...crappy $40 digital camera

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by Freride_Pyro
after dirtyjumpin we came back to the park behind my house and i hit a bridge drop and creek gap that we had built. i got sabout 7 1/2 of the drop. it was sweet. ill try to post the pics but im, not sure if they will come out well...crappy $40 digital camera
You forgot to mention it was on a hardtail and it was closer to 8 where you landed :D . I would have hit the drop but my bike wasn't set up properly :angry: . This tuesday hopefully. After that we gotta raise it to double digits because the tranny's so steep.

btw: Sorry Dan, but I overslept. I got there at 10:45, sorry about that.

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
wha? i have found all sorts of cool things at 495 but never a ladder drop, whens the next time you guys will be out there?

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by JOhnG
wha? i have found all sorts of cool things at 495 but never a ladder drop, whens the next time you guys will be out there?
Originally posted by Freride_Pyro
The ladder drop is about a 5 minute drive from 495 and only a 10/15 minute bike ride, along with the creekgap (it's been in one of my videos but I'll post a pic of CJ hitting it tomorrow). We'll be riding/building their this saturday. I'll put up a thread about it later in the week. The only thing that sucks about this park is that there are never any run outs that don't involve riding into a creek afterwards. :rolleyes: Still fun though.