Quantcast

Anyone who rides at winterpark?

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
I was wondering if anyone on this forum is a winterpark local? I'm heading over to the states soon and I've got some travelling time sep/oct ... I'm thinking of stopping off at winterpark for 3 or 4 days... probably end of september :-)

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
hmm u reckon it'll be closed by then?
I just had a look at a site and it said winterpark closing day is 3rd september, is that true?!
That sux, I had planned to stopover in colorado with the purpose of mountainbiking there :-(

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
:-( looks like i'll be pushing it. I'm not planning to get to colorado til about the 25th or so .... so i guess I won't be riding there. time to change my itinerary I think. i'm doing diablo earlier in the month, and whiteface ... but I have friends to visit on my way through to colorado so I cant really get there earlier :-( Maybe i'll find somewhere in cali instead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:-( looks like i'll be pushing it. I'm not planning to get to colorado til about the 25th or so .... so i guess I won't be riding there. time to change my itinerary I think. i'm doing diablo earlier in the month, and whiteface ... but I have friends to visit on my way through to colorado so I cant really get there earlier :-( Maybe i'll find somewhere in cali instead.
Head to Fruita. Perfect time of year to ride there. :thumb:

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
nah going to diablo, and going to whiteface .... then heading to chicago to see a friend ... and eventually LA .... i'd like to keep heading in that direction ....

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Fruita is in Colorado near the Utah state line on interstate 70.
Very easy directions from Whiteface to Fruita.
Go to Buffalo and make a left. When you get to Cleveland make a left. When you get to Columbus Ohio make a right. Then before you get to Utah look for the Fruita exit in Colorado.
It takes about 36 hours.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Fruita is in Colorado near the Utah state line on interstate 70.
Very easy directions from Whiteface to Fruita.
Go to Buffalo and make a left. When you get to Cleveland make a left. When you get to Columbus Ohio make a right. Then before you get to Utah look for the Fruita exit in Colorado.
It takes about 36 hours.
Stay on 80 all the way to I-76, then head SW to Denver to pick up 70.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
ok found the site, cancel that :-)
Hopefully this is the site you found:

http://otesports.com/

They are *the* Fruita bike shop.

Oh - the Amtrak stop will be Grand Junction. Fruita is only about 10 miles from GJ.

And another thing - the Amtrak stops *right* in Winter Park. Right at the damn resort. You should go there if the weather is nice. The aspen trees should be at their peak around the time you're coming through:

rky mtn srfr

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
Boulder
Anyplace above 8000' in the Rockies (including WP) is a crap shoot in mid-late September for weather/snow/riding. Grand Junction and Fruita will have excellent weather, and fun dry trails for that same time of year.

As a comparison, we had 1-2 feet of new snow in the mtn's on Sept 22nd last year.