Quantcast

Anyone with a lowered Float 36?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Does anyone have problems with a lowered Fox float 36? What do you have it lowered to and how much is the max air pressure? I have spacers to lower it to 80mm, is that too low?
Thanks in advance

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Does anyone have problems with a lowered Fox float 36? What do you have it lowered to and how much is the max air pressure? I have spacers to lower it to 80mm, is that too low?
Thanks in advance
As I mentioned in the other thread, the lowered 36 float is a real winner. Especially for dirt jumping/street/park use. Several of my buddies and I run them between 80 and 95mm. You'll be just fine at 80mm. As far as pressure is concerned, stick to the max pressure listed in your manual. Unless you're a 300lb beast of a man, it'll be stiff enough at that pressure.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
It's the only Fork i've been running for dirt jumping for years now. After all the Zocchi, and Roxshox broken madness i went through, FOX has never failed me for DJing. It is the goods.
I've had mine lowered from 100mm, 90mm, 80mm, and 70mm. They all worked great. Just depends on how you like your bike to sit/ride.

Fox put me on the new 15mm 32Float for the last few months, and i'm pretty much sold on that now. Lighter, and super stiff for a 32. I got a new one comming in a couple days, and the new Deity proto frame. Can't wait to shred the $hit out of it.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I lowered it down to 80mm and I love it. So much so I am thinking of replacing my pike on my other bike with a 36 rc2 lowered to 100 or 110. The newer float 36s are like butter. Just have to look for a good deal. Does anyone know if 100psi is too much air in the 36 at 80mm?

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I lowered it down to 80mm and I love it. So much so I am thinking of replacing my pike on my other bike with a 36 rc2 lowered to 100 or 110. The newer float 36s are like butter. Just have to look for a good deal. Does anyone know if 100psi is too much air in the 36 at 80mm?
I'm runnin more than that at 70mm

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
Fox put me on the new 15mm 32Float for the last few months, and i'm pretty much sold on that now. Lighter, and super stiff for a 32. I got a new one comming in a couple days, and the new Deity proto frame. Can't wait to shred the $hit out of it.
Ok, this might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between the 15mm 32 Float and the 15 mm 32 Fit, besides that the Float come in 150mm and the Fit 100?

Wouldn't it be easier to just get the 100 and then not worry about having to lower it? Or is there some benefit to using the lowered Float? Just wondering as I am ready to pull the trigger on a new dj fork. Or should I just go with the 36 Float?

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Ok, this might be a dumb question, but what is the difference between the 15mm 32 Float and the 15 mm 32 Fit, besides that the Float come in 150mm and the Fit 100?

Wouldn't it be easier to just get the 100 and then not worry about having to lower it? Or is there some benefit to using the lowered Float? Just wondering as I am ready to pull the trigger on a new dj fork. Or should I just go with the 36 Float?
it depends do you have a 20mm wheel already? if so the 36 float is kick ass lowered.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal

OK, i lied. I'm riding the 32 Fit. The difference is weight, and disc brake break mounting options.
The 32 Fit is lighter.
You can also buy the Fit in 80mm.

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
OK, i lied. I'm riding the 32 Fit. The difference is weight, and disc brake break mounting options.
The 32 Fit is lighter.
You can also buy the Fit in 80mm.
Well sweet then. That is good to hear. I didn't really want to deal with the lowering.

I have to build up a new wheel anyways since the current is just a 9mm QR, and I'm going with a hope and you can get a conversion kit going from 20mm to 15mm.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Just pony up for a new 15mm hub and rebuild your wheelz. You'll be set for a long time.
Just got great news from Atomlab they are in the process of making a 20mm to 15mm conversion for their pimp hub. So I just have to wait a few weeks and I can sell my Marzocchi 4x and my Pike and I can get a float fit 100 for my ds/all around ht.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Rebuild the front with a Hope Pro II and be done with it. They've got adapters available for almost any, if not all the, axle "standards".
Been looking at options on lowering a 32/36 Vanilla. Are they as easy as lowering a Float? I use my one bike as my trail bike as well and just prefer the feel of a coil fork.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Rebuild the front with a Hope Pro II and be done with it. They've got adapters available for almost any, if not all the, axle "standards".
Been looking at options on lowering a 32/36 Vanilla. Are they as easy as lowering a Float? I use my one bike as my trail bike as well and just prefer the feel of a coil fork.
No reason to rebuild a brand new wheel when the 15mm adapters are coming out in a few weeks.
The Vanillas can not be lowered that's why everone is using the floats. Unless it is an 05 and older van 32 130

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
I don't know dude... Remember how long it took Atomlab to release their fork?
Sucks about the Van problem, thanks for letting me know.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I don't know dude... Remember how long it took Atomlab to release their fork?
Sucks about the Van problem, thanks for letting me know.
Well the fork is a different story it was released and it sucked. So they went back and redesigned it I still think it is a poor design and it is still a couple of weeks from release.
They already have a qr conversion for the pimp hubs so can't be hard to make 15mm conversion. Plus I still have to sell my 4x and then get a float 15mm and then sell my pike. So I have time.