Quantcast

Anywhere to ride here?

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
I'm with my parents in Castle Rock for the summer(first in a while) and was wondering if there are any DJ or Dh around here or maybe monument. If anyone wants to ride or knows a good spot let me know. Peace.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
fortfun19 said:
I'm with my parents in Castle Rock for the summer(first in a while) and was wondering if there are any DJ or Dh around here or maybe monument. If anyone wants to ride or knows a good spot let me know. Peace.
I don't think there's much (or any) DH or DJ type of stuff in the c-rock area but I'd suggest stopping by Full Tilt Cyclery because if anyone would know, they would.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Palmer park is a great place to start. There's all sorts of neat terrain in there to provide days of fun on the DH. You can shuttle most everything there too. Like I said though, go into Full Tilt and those guys will head you in the right direction as far as places to ride and good people to ride with.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
axlvid23 said:
I don't think there's much (or any) DH or DJ type of stuff in the c-rock area but I'd suggest stopping by Full Tilt Cyclery because if anyone would know, they would.
Word on the street is, Full Tilt Cyclery employees are promoting illegal trail building, tresspassing, and horrible trail ethics. This information comes from a few guys I met up with this weekend near Colorado Springs. I hope this isn't true.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
axlvid23 said:
Palmer park is a great place to start. There's all sorts of neat terrain in there to provide days of fun on the DH. You can shuttle most everything there too. Like I said though, go into Full Tilt and those guys will head you in the right direction as far as places to ride and good people to ride with.
Palmer is a ball. Lots of techy things to play on around there. hucks, jumps, funky lines, etc.

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Ascentrek said:
Word on the street is, Full Tilt Cyclery employees are promoting illegal trail building, tresspassing, and horrible trail ethics. This information comes from a few guys I met up with this weekend near Colorado Springs. I hope this isn't true.
I can tell you honestly, as a member of the team, that could not be any farther from the truth. We've been busting our balls trying to better the image of DH mountain biking in Colorado and to hear something of that variety is very discouraging. I'm sure Chris(Ausrottenvirus) would like to chime in on this issue as well. I'm very interested to know who specifically this information came from.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Oh, we saw these guys up at Gold Hill, or Gold Run? near Breck and they were all on Blue Giant DH bikes,......total dicks