Quantcast

!!!April Fools(Monday CrabJoe) GMT!!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Over/under on whether the downstairs tenant will pay the rent on time, ie today?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
another short week. settling on the house friday. most of the stuff in the current house is actually packed. garage is a mountain of boxes.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
1st mtb ride yesterday....trails were actually dusty and I was rusty. Realized that El Cheapo (me) needed to buy a new rear cassette to match the rest of my spanking new drivetrain..skippidy doo da.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At work. One of my sprinkler valves died over the winter. I tried to replace it and realized that the home builder put in a sprinkler box about 25% smaller than it should be. I'm 50% through removing the existing valve and have come to terms that I am best off having someone come out and finish it. Pain in the ass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yard work and home stuff today. Like Stoney, I had a dead valve when I fired up the sprinklers this year. Fortunately for me (I guess) who ever the dip**** was who installed them had just decided to twist the ends of the wires together. Who could have suspected that bare wire in a dark, wet, dank hole might corrode? Fvcking idiot. Fortunately new wire+ aircraft environmental splices made everything work fine.
/firstworldproblems

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What are these "aircraft environmental splices" of which you speak? I'm nonplussed by wire nuts but know of little alternative besides them, soldering + shrink wrap, and the pierce-through-insulation "vampire connectors."

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sooooo how long am I reasonably allowed to grieve for my deceased pup? This is a new experience for me. It's been two days now, and today has been a pretty crappy day.

/buzzkillington

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sooooo how long am I reasonably allowed to grieve for my deceased pup? This is a new experience for me. It's been two days now, and today has been a pretty crappy day.
/buzzkillington
you never stop....it just dulls with time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

/buzzkillington
As long as needed. But get a new puppy, that helps. Kind of like going to the bar and finding a new piece of ass after you've been dumped... But with more never ending and endearing puppy love.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon.

Decent but fairly uneventful weekend. Spend a little time on Sunday getting the bikes ready. Hoping to get out for a ride this coming weekend.

Also... happy opening day of baseball. GO NEW YORK YANKEES!!!!!

I'm not sure this is an option for you but spreading my dog's ashes in a sweet place helped.
all of my passed pets are buried out at my local jump spot. seemed fitting since our jumps are named "skeleton trails" and it's where i spend a ton of my free time...

i still shed a few tears when i chill with them. but it's more about being happy and remembering how awesome they were and all the good ways they influenced my life instead of being sad they aren't around anymore...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
all of my passed pets are buried out at my local jump spot. seemed fitting since our jumps are named "skeleton trails" and it's where i spend a ton of my free time...

i still shed a few tears when i chill with them. but it's more about being happy and remembering how awesome they were and all the good ways they influenced my life instead of being sad they aren't around anymore...
hfbd.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Phil I had to put Annie down at the end of December. I knew it was her time but it was still the suck. the heart ache lasted a few weeks. it helped to have 3 other dogs but we got Annie when we first got married so it hurt more. hang in there.

Last edited: