Quantcast

April from Or

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Anyone know her? she is from Oregon. Raced Dh at Beacon both times. I picked up her medals but don't have any contact info. If anyone knows her # or something please PM me!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
April mentioned she would be at a lot of the oregon dh races this summer so if you don't see her at another WIM race before then I can pass it along to her down here. I know she hangs out with some of the guys at Collins cycle shop in Eugene, so I'll see if they have her number.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
oh Chuck I WILL puke if I see a Hot girl on a DH bike...don't test me :D seriously, I can't get over seeing attractive women riding FR bikes up in PC, it's...just...so...PERFECT...I need to move to Hood River.

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Originally posted by rainbow_smoke
Like it is that bad of a thing. the only thing is there are few single MTB/DH women.
HAHA, true... sad and depressing but true...I'm apparently missing a whole pool of women here, I've dated a million of them (women, and a million is simply figure of speech ;) ) and not a one of them has been able to ride a bike worth a lick...and none of them were worth trying to teach...real shame if you ask me...real shame :rolleyes:

I think alot of it is mentality, from my experience, women are less eager to go out and thrash themselves on a daily basis than men...look at the so called "extreme sports" ( I appologize for the use of term, I'm trying to get a point across) there are so few women involved...and honestly alot of them are at the extreme end of the beginer sclae... Tara Dakides, Tara Lanes, Missy Giove, and Carrabeth Burnside are the bigest names that come to mind, but what 4 of them!!!!!! seriously, that's what we get for trying to raise girls to love barbie...

so props to all you ladies who are willing to go out and get filthy in persuit of fun... do you all have any single sisters :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Rainbow-I actually rode with april this weekend and I totally forgot to tell her about the medal. But, I know how to het ahold of her now. I'll PM you.