Aptos Jump park

D

Dingus McGee

Jump park?

All I know about is Post Office, although I heard there was some funding
for something permanent, seeing as how thew MCauls and the rest of the
jumpers have taken over the world.

Edit- I guess you mean this: From RM

"Santa cruz has got some good jumps, and we're currently building a new jump park, owned by the city, its in Aptos at the polo field park, its gonna be sick with roll in's and everything."

DFoxracing

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Huntington beach
still in progress, last time i drove by (a couple of weeks ago) they had just dumped the dirt. so i'm thinking they should have a few of the jumps done by now.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Its taking shape, some of the packs are near completed, but I think it will still be another couple of weeks

gobike

Chimp
Sep 4, 2004
It's just about 3/4's done. Looks pretty sweet. I still can't believe the County is going to take responsibility for a jump park, or flip for the bill. For what its worth, the post office is looking pretty sweet these days. Looks like summer vacation was productive for some peeps...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
B_LOWrider said:
re most of the jumps aimed toword 20 inchers? or what
the take offs and landings are both pretty steep, but they are being built by guys on 26" wheeled bikes

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
beaverbiker said:
the steeper, the better. you get to go higher, which gives you more speed to go further. what's not to like?
I wasn't complaining, I like em steep n deep too! I was just answering the question

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
everything is do-able. Its just the voice in the back of you head that keeps you from trying.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Damn True said:
Is any of it gonna be doable if you last name isn't McCaul?

Don't worry True there pretty mellow.

It has great potential but as of now they get kind of boring with in about an hour or so.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I drove by checked em out today, they look pretty fun, for me It might take me some time to get used to the steepness of the landings, but it shouldn't be too bad. The big ones look really fun.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Juano said:
Don't worry True there pretty mellow.

It has great potential but as of now they get kind of boring with in about an hour or so.

Worth getting excited over or should I be sticking to Calibazzzzzas this spring? I assume the post office jumps will still be there?

The Ito

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
It's a really small area, but fun... I wouldn't go up there after the rain we had, it doesn't drain water very well

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
ito said:
Worth getting excited over or should I be sticking to Calibazzzzzas this spring? I assume the post office jumps will still be there?

The Ito
ummmm, isn't Cali closed indefinitely???