Quantcast

Aptos Post Office Jumps?

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Have the post office jumps finally met their end? I went by the jump jam after Sea Otter and watched folks ripping it up. Then last week I was telling my neighbor about it, and he said "oh, you mean that lot they're bulldozing"? I went by, and sure enough, all the entrance takeoffs were dozed. The other jumps were still there, but without the entrance jumps you can't really hit them.

I had heard rumors of that place going away for years, but it is sad to see it finally actually happening if that is the case. I'm just getting into "real" dirt jumping and always wanted to get good enough to ride at least one of the lines there. Oh well...

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
supposedly they plowed the first jumps so they could build a start ramp without using the street. and there is new lines from what i hear. the big line is gone and now there is smaller jumps in its place. will find out this weekend for sure when im down there

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
supposedly they plowed the first jumps so they could build a start ramp without using the street. and there is new lines from what i hear. the big line is gone and now there is smaller jumps in its place. will find out this weekend for sure when im down there
That would be rad if they did that.

I wont be out there jumping, but I would love to watch. I'm too scared after breaking/dislocating the shoulder dirt jumping. :nopity:

chipper

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
sac town
that sucks. sorry to hear that. I hurt my knee this week but i plan on riding this weekend with a brace hopefully it will be a good session