Quantcast

Are Marzocchi Super Monsters overkill for intermediate DH runs?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Yes, it is overkill for anything other than hucking, and even at that, no one uses it. Bender is the only one I know who has ever used it, and he just isn't very good IMHO. It's a HUGE waste of money. :stosh:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Bldr_Freerider said:
Yes, it is overkill for anything other than hucking, and even at that, no one uses it. Bender is the only one I know who has ever used it, and he just isn't very good IMHO. It's a HUGE waste of money. :stosh:
:stupid:

Jun 19, 2004
alamo
dude they are way overkill. all u need is a super t. they are light and have a good amount of travel for racing and free ridind. i have never found anything to big to huck off of with mine.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Dood I've been rocking a super monster for a long time and I totally love it, I can huck off curbs without bottoming it, I even rode it off this 1 footer and it was totally fine. I put extra firm springs in it so that I could pedal without bobbing and it performs really well. I'm thinking about adding some oil so that the front will be heavier, I can't do stoppies very well with the 62 deg HA so I think shifting the center of gravity forward might help. You should get one and put it on a demo 9, that bike has a lot of travel, I saw one in a shop and the guy said that it was faster than a bullit. :think:

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Kornphlake said:
Dood I've been rocking a super monster for a long time and I totally love it, I can huck off curbs without bottoming it, I even rode it off this 1 footer and it was totally fine. I put extra firm springs in it so that I could pedal without bobbing and it performs really well. I'm thinking about adding some oil so that the front will be heavier, I can't do stoppies very well with the 62 deg HA so I think shifting the center of gravity forward might help. You should get one and put it on a demo 9, that bike has a lot of travel, I saw one in a shop and the guy said that it was faster than a bullit. :think:

What about a speeding bullit?