Quantcast

Are these decent bikes...

proworkz

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Looking to trade my 107cc pit bike for a 2006 Big Hit and a 2007 Iron Horse Yakuza Sohon Bucho. Big hit is a small. Iron Horse is a medium. The previous owner is 5'6" and rides the small big hit. I am 5'8". Will the small big hit fit me? The owner say the small big hit is larger than most small??? What are your thoughts on both bikes? Both are in excellent shape. Thanks.....

Dave

Nov 27, 2006
CA, San Jose
the small bighit is too small for you, yes it runs a little bit big, but you definitely need a medium for your height. They are both good bikes though, the bighit is a little better in terms of plushness and braking interference.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
dont worry about the size too much, im 6' and i ride a small kona stab because i prefer a tight cockpit. take it for a ride and see how you like it.

the Iron horse is a good bike. as it has been said before, if it didnt live in the shadow of its big brother, the sunday, it would get alot more attention as a race bike. Its not the greatest spec but a worthy frame for upgrades as your riding improves.

proworkz

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm just getting into DH and don't need to have the very best bike. I have a 2001 Giant AC that I picked up in my local Craigs List to start riding. Then I went to Northstar and now I am hooked. Giant just does not ride well enough at Northstar so I want a little plusher bike... Either the Small Big Hit or Iron Horse will ride better DH than my Giant. So either way, I should be pretty stoked..... I have been riding moto for many years and just want a bike with some plush suspension.

Last edited: