Quantcast

Are you getting a Holiday Bonus this year?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I just got word that I will be at my new company. 2 extra days off of my choice and a triple digit cash bonus. Score. =] :banana:

What are you monkeys getting if anything?

I know most companies are really feeling the economic crisis right now. My girlfriend is getting her hours cut and no bonus this year. She has been with the clinic for 5 years. Pretty lame. I am debating keeping my bonus to myself.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I aint gettin ****

edit: this is true. an office-wide email was sent by the suits wishing us a happy holiday. attached was an image made in powerpoint and exported as jpg. I should make my own image and send it back. we usually get a tiny 'something' in form of a gift card or paycheck bonus but not this year.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a raise... But I am not getting a bonus again until next Dec.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This is the first time at this company that I am not getting one...been here almost seven years. The financials this past year could be better. It's a bummer for sure, but all things considered, I can't complain.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
who knows...our numbers are up from last year, but my boss is super, super conservative with money. I'm sure I'll be asked to pitch in to buy him something, though...at which point, I will again say "no, i don't think so."

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I get quarterly bonuses - moving to a new system that will be soley based on the sales in my territory (western half of the USA).

2009 will be a good year for me!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there will still be a bonus at the company i work for this year...i'm at a level now where i see the distribution (in terms of what % the bonus can be, as a function of both performance rating and base salary), and it's crazy just how heavily weighted it is towards people who already have a very large base salary.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
2009 will be a good year for me!
Keep that fridge stocked!

We get quarterly bonuses as well if we meet goals we set for ourselves. Only been there two months, so I don't expect anything more than being so blessed to be working at an awesome company making good dough when so many others are hurting.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I get a free lunch if I work Christmas day.
Other then that, not a damn thing.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
No, I work in the NPF field and our budget relies on NYS who is predicting a 15 billion dollar deficit. My health insurance just 'cost shifted' some health care costs to us...I now have a deductible of $1300 on top of a higher family rate (adds $100 per month AND 1st time ever having a deductible). Therefore, my income just dropped $2500 for '09! Hi De FRIGGIN Ho!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
wait.....people get bonuses!!!???? I get nothing, I'm from the government and I'm hear to help

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Last week we had a meeting for an entrepreneur organization that I'm a member of and one of the big topics was how to tell employees that they aren't getting a bonus or raise this year. I think everyone in attendance was slashing them. Tough times right now - be glad you have a job.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We can't get "holiday bonuses" in the miltary but we always get a small pay raise every January. Not much at all but something.
For my home business I will give myself a few days off and maybe give myself a huge holiday bonus. i.e. more bike parts!!!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
If we meet certain performance levels, we get quarterly bonuses from $50-$200, minus taxes (yipee!!). As for a holiday bonus, each employee got a frozen turkey. That means the wife and I got 2 birds, and we're ssoooo looking forward to all the sandwiches/salads/soups/etc we'll be having. Have I died and gone to ?????

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
After reading this, I guess I am grateful for my Christmas bonus. It was slightly less than last year, but it came with the same, swank, open-bar party as previous years. Ho ho ho! :weee:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Funny, I was just wondering about this. I have been working at my job for a few months, and I have no idea if they give bonuses. We're supposed to have a big Christmas party in January sometime, open bar. We'll see. Maybe I'll get something, but I'm not counting on it.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
My bonus is that I start a new year not working for my old boss anymore. And, as I am now self-employed, I will owe almost no taxes since I netted about $2000 this year. Starting a business is awesome!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
No bonuses this year and they used to be sweeeeet!!!

However our office has been really slow and since we haven't had any overtime I got a second job. Well my company found out because I told them... :) and they were upset that times were so bad that I had to be away from my family and possibly wouldn't be giving this place 100% so they offered me a car. The idea is that I would be selling my xterra (which is on the market) and get rid of the monthly payment and they would provide me with a car. So I'm currently driving around a 2009 Corolla which is totally awesome, then they get some tax benefits since it's a company car, I save money on a vehicle payment/insurance and gas with this nice little rice burner. All in all it probably works out to the same as if I was to get my yearly bonus however neither of us get taxed like we would on a cash payout.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Historically I've given my foremen $2500 year end bonuses but I couldn't swing it this season. Material and energy cost spikes really cut into profits this year leaving a lot less on the table come year end.

The guys aren't complaining though. They're happy I could keep both crews working 100% during a brutal time for construction.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Historically I've given my foremen $2500 year end bonuses but I couldn't swing it this season. Material and energy cost spikes really cut into profits this year leaving a lot less on the table come year end.

The guys aren't complaining though. They're happy I could keep both crews working 100% during a brutal time for construction.
Yeah a lot of people myself included in the construction business are just happy to have jobs.

What do you do?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
What do you do?
Residential painting and carpentry contractor in coastal MA. I don't do new construction or work for GCs so I've been spared a lot of the hardship felt by others.