Quantcast

Are you tired of these too?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
So I put up an ad to sell a frame/fork. Then I open a reply excited to see someone interested in buying it. Instead I get this from "Jerry Thomas":

"Hello, how are you doing ,hope fine. i saw your advert placement on( web) . i will like you to tell me the present condition of it and also the last price of it. i will like you to know that i will be arranging for the shipment and dont worry about the pick up, once you recieve your payment the pick up will be set up. i will like you to get back to me quikly to let me know if is still available for me to buy .byee"

Tired of this, yet bored, I reply back with the following:

"Hello,

Me want sell bike immeditly. Buy right. Send me money by expressial means. Me love you long time".

Then I get this:

"PAYMENT AND PICK UP BASE ON TRUST
Hello Friend
the price {Re: mountain bike gear} is ok bye me.I will tell my client in USA that is owning me in ourlast transaction .To issue you the sum of { $700} for the {Re: mountain bike gear}.The execces money is for my shipper that will be comeing for the pick up of the {goods}and it also include the money for his stay if he could not leave your resident earlier he may use it in paying for an hotel so he will leave the next day.as soon the check gets to you i will employ you to go and chash it from the bank immedeiatly and send the reamening balance to my shipper through via western union money transfer.and reduct the sum of $20 for your runnings ,pls this should be base on trust because it is heard to trust people with your money.but due to the way you reaplied me i hope i can trust you with my money. And if you want the transaction so earlier as i did.you might get the balance from your own money and send to my shipper so letter you will go to the bank and chash yours.pls i will be happy if you keep away all buyer.I will love you to give me your information so my client can be able to send the check to your location.
FULL NAME........
ADRESS..........
COUNTRY........
STATE............
ZIP CODE.........
ALSO YOUR MOBILE NUMBER.........
THANKS FOR THIS INFORMATIONS
REGARDS".

I mean do they think people will actually fall for this? I know everyone gets these but I just love opening up a reply hoping it will actually be real - and I get this.... Keeps me interested until this snow melts...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
If get any hinky requests, I usually write back with some simple bike questions for the "buyer" to answer.

But it usually does not happen on ebay...

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
My reply back:

FULL NAME........ Mike Huntsobig
ADRESS..........USA
COUNTRY........USA
STATE............USA
ZIP CODE.........90210
ALSO YOUR MOBILE NUMBER.........1-900-123-4567

Jan 28, 2006
Ca
thank you some one said something about this. ive been getting so much of this.
Dear seller,
i saw your advert on the list and i will like to buy the item(bike) for my cousine so pls mail me back if u will sell it to me and the total amount of the item .hope to read from you and pls let the transcation be fast cos i promise her next week thanks.
RUY..........."
and this
Hello,
I am interested in your [Bike] which you placed the advert at
(www.pinkbike.com) I am located in London,will like to know more about
it's present condition.You can forward it's picture to my mail box,you know i do need to see what am interested in buying.Also want you to tell me the actual price you want to sell it.
I will be glad to pay you by Certified Check issued from US Bank and
will surely clear your bank immedeately without any delay. Do not worry about the shipment,i will arrange for the shipment with a shipping company i already know and they will takecare of the shipment fine.Most important,i need your full name and address in which the check for the payment will be made out and sent to,
Below are the details needed for payment:
Your Full Name: That will be on the
check for the payment
Residential Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:
Phone Number: ( Cell,home and office phone #)
Those information are needed so that the payment can be made out and as well sent by one of the quickest courier services. so i want you to mail me back with the details requested above so that this transaction can be concluded as soon as possible. I shall look forward to read from you
Quick
Respond.

14psisupra

Chimp
Jan 4, 2006
huffman, tx
iv had the same thing when selling my truck except he was offering me like 200 dollars more then what i wanted for it. and he was in england or soemwhere

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
It takes real skill to get them without trying to sell something. Case 1:

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr George Collins. I am the Regional manager of
Barclays Bank of Ghana Limited, Takoradi branch in the
Western region of Ghana. I am a man of peace, married
with two lovely kids. I never want problems in my
life, it was just because of my present financial
situation that I have carefully planned to utilize
this opportunity that came my way, and I only hope you
can assist me not to persecute me. If you don't want
this proposal, can you kindly forget that I ever
contacted you. I will be glad you did for the sake of
my job.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will
benefit you and I, as the Regional manager of the
Barclays Bank, it is my duty to send in a financial
report to my head office in the capital city, Accra,
at the end of each business year. In the course of
last year 2003, business report, I discovered that my
branch in which I am the manager, made two million,six
hundred US dollars (US$2,600,000) which my head office
is not aware of and will never be aware of. I have
placed this funds on what we call escrow call account
with any beneficiary.

As an officer of this bank, I cannot be directly
connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you
is to assist me receive this money in your bank
account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.
There are practically no risk involved, it will be a
bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand
claim as the original depositor of this funds, who
made the deposit with my branch so that my head office
can order the transfer to your designated bank
account. If you accept to work with me, I will
appreciate it very much.my email is as above. email me
if you think we can work together so that we can go
over the details. Thank you in advance and may God
bless you and your family.I will provide you with all
the necessary documents on how to go about this
transaction.

Thanks,

Regards,
George Collins.

Case 2:
ROM: DOCTOR. AADAB HASSAN
Please if you are interested reply me Immediately (aad_hassan@yahoo.co.uk)

Dear Friend.

A letter for partnership Investment (Private and Confidential.) I humbly solicit your assistance for the Smooth and quick remittance of the sum of Ten Millions united states dollars (Us$10Million States Dollars) into your personal account for our mutual benefits and for investment purposes.

My name is Dr. Aadab Hassa, I am a EGYPT by nationality and I am medical doctor by profession under United Nations. Source of fund; this was part of money (45,000 000 usd) frothy five Millions donated to united nation for the payment of workers. During the 2004 military massacre and civil disorder in Iraq, by the government of Switzerland.

The probe panel which was set up by the united nations to investigate missing funds and other valuable properties, came up with united nations report in June 2004 and classified the money as missing in action (MIA) that was part of the things which were destroyed during the armed conflict and the case was struck off.
With aid of my personal friend who was a deputy director of currency operation in central bank of Iraq and my personal lawyer,we succeed deed in moving the funds out of Iraq and brought it into security company in LONDON. Presently, this funds is safely guarded in cash there in London with a private - security company registered as precious materials (diamond and gold) belonging to my foreign affiliate, the reason is just to avoid the knowledge of content of consignment.

This transaction needs some one who is capable and presentable.The offer; - in appreciation to your efforts, I have mapped out 30 % for you, 10% is for every expenses incurred both internationally and locally during the cause of the transaction, while 60% is for I and my colleague.IT is in light of this that I took my time to look for God fearing and sincere person who will assist me to transfer this money to his personal account.

Please if this transaction does not interest you, do not disclose it to any person for my security and safety of the fund. Be informed that this transaction demands highest degree of secrecy, transparency in honesty and confidentiality to your own part.NB.I am waiting to recieve your reply urgent,please remember to furnish me with your Private Telephone Number for easy communications and security reasons. I anticipate your quick kind and positive response whil thanking you in anticipation.

Best regards,
Dr.Aadab Hassan

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I get those with every classified add. Last one I got looked prety legit. after the first few emails. Then he asked what quantity I had in stock, and th price, despite that info. being in the add. So I told him that the canera lens I was selling, witch retails around $1400, would cost him a meer $4567.82 with tax. He promptly ordered three. Only hitch was his bank wouldn't do a conventional wire transfer, so he needed my social security#, account#, and pin#.

Damn scamers, they never make with the cash.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Their entire goal is to get you hooked and try to send the money. Then something happens and they request your info such as SS#, or bank info.

The real good ones are the fake PayPal e-mails that request you to go online and update your info. Be careful of these.