Quantcast

argh@#%*&!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
sometimes building a frame from the ground up can be very frustrating...there are always some type of compatibility issues that arise and of course you end up having to figure them out yourself....here's my latest...

I have a new FSA BB and I go to install it only to find out that my BB tool does not fit...I think maybe my tool is off..never heard about this from any of my other teammates....so I'm off to the LBS trying to find the proper tool...well 3 stores later I find it....only took me 2 hrs :angry:...the upside the bike is about half done....D

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
I went throught the same thing not to long ago. It was a sunday and I didn't have a chance to run to a bike shop. I went into work that night and put the splined tool in a lathe. a carbide tipped tool and a few minutes later is all it took to make it work :D

R

Rabie

So.... I'm noticing the big Kenda logo on the tire... got any leftover Tiogas?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Rabie
So.... I'm noticing the big Kenda logo on the tire... got any leftover Tiogas?
as soon as all the rest of my parts come is I will be having a huge Ebay sell...truvativ, Maxxis, tioga, wheelsets, shocks...the works.....D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Instigator
I went throught the same thing not to long ago. It was a sunday and I didn't have a chance to run to a bike shop. I went into work that night and put the splined tool in a lathe. a carbide tipped tool and a few minutes later is all it took to make it work :D
I had the same problem, but this was at 9:00pm the night before a 24 hour race I decided to do. Took my reg BB tool and a Dremel, two beers later I had an FSA compatible BB tool.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
well I'm bored my wife went to bed early and I have nothing to do..it was hot today....here's my kitty trying to beat the heat....D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by BMXman
well I'm bored my wife went to bed early and I have nothing to do..it was hot today....here's my kitty trying to beat the heat....D
my next frame hopefully:D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
My next frame hopefully :cool:

Im going to place an order for one at the end of the season.
Hey I'm looking for some Hayes brakes...I may have to buy those off you....D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
you should probably build your nicolai to 40lbs...

just don't put anymore parts on it:D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
of course you end up having to figure them out yourself....
let's see.....:think: 1, 2, 3, 4...four Team Mpires are built and you never bothered to ask any of your teammates??

I happened to have the deep socket BB tool too..
It won't hurt to ask us next time considering we have had two races on our bikes..:)

and for VioletVolante :D, here's a pic just to especially torment you...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Damn and from what I hear, thats without the shock.;)
forgetting the bolts and uber speed holes... :D

I love the stigma attached to Nicolai frames...heavy, unrideable...blah blah blah.. Makes it more appealing to ride Nicolai for me cuz I know I'm not riding a cookie cutter frame like a Turner DHR or something everyone's else's cousin's brother have...not that they're inferior or anything bec they're not and in fact a lot of frames are better than some Nicolais.
These other frames just don't have 'individual' appeal to me like what Nicolai, Be One, Scott, etc have. It also doesn't hurt to win on what is otherwise an unrideable, heavy, gimmicky and expensive Nicolai frame either...:p Just like my pink socks, I like to be different...

Can't wait for the ride and jumps tomorrow!
BUY HAYES!!!!

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
Cats can stand quite high heats. Mine bakes itself under the radiator!

Nice bike, but have you tried using an fsa isis bb tool. Infact a square taper park on usually does the job!!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
in a week or so ill have you regretting ever selling that lambda :D
Hellskull should've sold my baby back to me two months ago. Now in a former Karpiel owner's hands, my lambada is ruined! :p
Oh, your Lambda dropouts aren't adjustable...ahahahahaha!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
im hoping thats not the one im getting, it looks like its painted white, orven please tell me it came like that from the factory and you didnt paint that yourself :p

Orven you must have been really drunk or really lonely or really horny or a little of them all to be humpin your bike hahahahha:p

ssaddict

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
If you pry off that little spacer on the ISIS cranks you can use other BB tools without modification. All you need to do is use a screwdriver to pop off that spacer and then just re-install it afterwards so your cranks don't slide on too far.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by ssaddict
If you pry off that little spacer on the ISIS cranks you can use other BB tools without modification. All you need to do is use a screwdriver to pop off that spacer and then just re-install it afterwards so your cranks don't slide on too far.
I just went out and bought the FSA BB tool...it was 10 bucks...a lot easier than a dremel or prying parts off....D;)