Quantcast

Argyle blown seal repair

ApolloCreed

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Hanover, PA
Blew a seal on my argyle, do I need a special tool to install the new ones? I've never done anything involving fork repair, just put my spacer in.

I'm hoping I didn't break the motion control too..I pushed the blown seal back in and pumped it up to 150 but the fork still bottomed with no resistance.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
Blew a seal on my argyle, do I need a special tool to install the new ones? I've never done anything involving fork repair, just put my spacer in.

I'm hoping I didn't break the motion control too..I pushed the blown seal back in and pumped it up to 150 but the fork still bottomed with no resistance.
assuming you have the 409? is it leaking oil out the wipers? or you may have blown an o ring out in the air chamber, more than likely the moco cartridge is fine

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
Oh... an actual fork seal...

I thought you meant like the solo air seal or something...

But if it bottomed with no resistance... probably did end up ****ing up a solo air seal

ApolloCreed

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Hanover, PA
Fork is taken apart, nothing seems out of the norm. on soloair or motion control side, maybe one seal seems *alittle* loose but I cant see that blowing out the bushing/wiper/mainseal.