Quantcast

arkie in the pnw

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i'll be in the pnw for a while and i'm jus seein if anyone wants to do a lil ridin, i've got my urban bike and my trail bike with me. i'll be in portland on the 12th and 13th, then i'll be camping in seattle on the 14th(evening), 15th, and 16th then whistler on 17-20th.

so if u wanna ride jus let me know

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i'm in portland right now and i'll be here all day tomorrow (13th) so if anyone wants to go ride some singletrack or something leave a message

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Camping "in" Seattle?

Maybe just out at Tolt would work if you want to stay near by and ride Tolt/Griffin/Tokul. Or, up at the airstrip at Buck creek and ride Skookum/White River and the surrounding 410/Greenwater stuff.

The 15th is an odd day, so camping at Middle Fork and riding there would work too.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I don't know about anyone else here. But, I'm born and raised here and I've never heard of a "Manchester" near Seattle....

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Ha ha, Manchester is across the water, when you get off the Southworth ferry. It's kinda of like part of Port Orchard...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Well, THAT explains it! Not exactly, just outside Seattle IMHO. :) Redfoxx, I guess he's on your side of the pond then(unless you've moved already). Yep, Green, Capitol, Banner, Gibbs.....

Forget the places I earlier mentioned.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i've never been up there before so i figured it was close enough to seattle for me...but i'm up for an urban ride or some trail ridin (even though my rear breaks on my trail bike are kinda givin me a hard time right now)

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
So, redFoxx, you wanna plan some sort of ride? I have a few friends I could bring. If not I guess cannondalejunky could pm me his cell # and I could invite him on a random ride...I make no guarantees about quality of the ride though. They are kinda hit or miss right now, I am in the process of converting a few of my friends to biking...some of my group doesn't do anything and ride slow:mumble: But it's worth it to have more people that like biking.

As far as the rear brake thing goes cannondalejunky, it'll all be cool. My XC bike is my Jump bike and the brake on it is worse than a walmart sidepull.:hot:

P.S. redFoxx, it would be awesome if you could take a few of us and show us around SST sometime. Woos and I have never been there and I have another friend who is internet deprived who is just dieing to find places to do drops and stuff that are closer than Whistler.

P.P.S. cannondalejunky, just send me a phone number or some way to contact you. I'll try to get something going this weekend even if it's just BBQ and hanging out or something. I live ~10min away from Manchester State Park.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
hellz yeah, we can have a bbq at my campsite if u want too...i'm gettin ready to head out of portland right now, but i'm gonna be stoppin a lot on the way up there...and i sent u a pm with my number on it