Quantcast

Armstrong braced for release of shock exposé

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lance is just the man.

I recently read his book, and it had me feeling like I could go out and win the TDF after cancer if i really tried to. **** the tabloids.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
it's not enough that he had to overcome near death, but now all this crap. Everybody hates a (5X!) winner. Even if he "doped" (not saying he did) which everybody in pro cycling tries to getaway with, It's not like he still didn't win and only winners get tested, I think cycling should have loose rules like baseball, now that "doping" means EPO or blood doping and not cocaine or meth, it's not like people are gonna drop dead from a heart attack like the old days. Also if "doping" means winning 5 tours is easy then I'd be doing it, I mean homeboy trains harder than anybody on the planet don't they think that has something to do with it??? Jealous a$$ Frenchy beeyaz!!!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
screw what the journalists say. lance armstrong is still one of the most amaing athletes on 2 wheels and i doubt hes ever used "performance enhancing drugs" i hate journalists how they dont have any cool news so they decide to make stuff up or find "evidence" and totally blow **** outa proportion and sometimes they ruin peoples lives. i hate journalists with no ethics

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
w/e they are just jealous that the most they can do is write about things happening.. when's the last time that guy actually did something worth while to write about? That's exactly why he had to do this.. to feel important.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
punkassean said:
it's not enough that he had to overcome near death, but now all this crap. Everybody hates a (5X!) winner. Even if he "doped" (not saying he did) which everybody in pro cycling tries to getaway with, It's not like he still didn't win and only winners get tested, I think cycling should have loose rules like baseball, now that "doping" means EPO or blood doping and not cocaine or meth, it's not like people are gonna drop dead from a heart attack like the old days.
Actually, one of the problems with having an elevated hemocrit (caused by EPO use/abuse) is heart attacks at high levels of exertion. That ain't good if you're a professional cyclist...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Hmm frenchmen writing a book that slams an American who has won THEIR race five times and stands to win it a sixth? Big surprise.

As for the broad who has provided the "dirt" c'mon.
a) She is the EX-physioligist for USPS. If she got sacked by the #1 team in the sport she'll work nowhere else so she ABSOLUTELY has an axe to grind.
b)She stands to gain much more by releaseing a book weeks before the tour (cash, green, moolah) than LA has to lose by whatever un-proveable BS she is spreading. If LA was dirty he would have poped positive long ago, and with no results from the time in question her crap is just that......crap.

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
heard somewhere armstrong was once asked in a press confrence what he was on that was helping him win so much, and he replied "im on my bike 9 hours a day, what are you on?"

might not have happened, my memory is not wonderful, but if it did it would have been a reason for much RESPECT

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
shifty S said:
heard somewhere armstrong was once asked in a press confrence what he was on that was helping him win so much, and he replied "im on my bike 9 hours a day, what are you on?"

might not have happened, my memory is not wonderful, but if it did it would have been a reason for much disRESPECT
i like your quote whether it's true or not we'll turn it into lore!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
punkassean said:
it's not enough that he had to overcome near death, but now all this crap. Everybody hates a (5X!) winner. Even if he "doped" (not saying he did) which everybody in pro cycling tries to getaway with, It's not like he still didn't win and only winners get tested, I think cycling should have loose rules like baseball, now that "doping" means EPO or blood doping and not cocaine or meth, it's not like people are gonna drop dead from a heart attack like the old days. Also if "doping" means winning 5 tours is easy then I'd be doing it, I mean homeboy trains harder than anybody on the planet don't they think that has something to do with it??? Jealous a$$ Frenchy beeyaz!!!
in cycling they dont only test the winners after the race the also do random testing in the peleton. you dont even have to finish. if your number is pulled you get tested. i got to be a chaperone at the norba national in waco and got an insiders view of what goes on behind the scenes. and they also get tested in the off season and just about anyother time you can think of on or off the bike.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
shifty S said:
If you read Lance's book, he mentions a few other things. Pulling from memory here, but I believe it was that his heart is bigger than most cyclists, so it pumps more blood. Also, his legs are very long in comparison to his torso, so the long legs generate a lot of power. And finally, I think he broke a bone in his lower back which causes him to hunch more in the saddle which makes him more aerodynamic than most cyclists.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I Are Baboon said:
If you read Lance's book, he mentions a few other things. Pulling from memory here, but I believe it was that his heart is bigger than most cyclists, so it pumps more blood. Also, his legs are very long in comparison to his torso, so the long legs generate a lot of power. And finally, I think he broke a bone in his lower back which causes him to hunch more in the saddle which makes him more aerodynamic than most cyclists.

That and he survived cancer. The man knows what REAL PAIN is. When the rest of the peloton is screaming inside he's saying to himself, "This ain't bad, try chemo."

Besides, I think it's pretty well known that he just plain works harder than most of the competition. Leppinheimer called him about three weeks after the tour in 2002 from a night club somewhere in Europe. Levi asked him what he was up to and LA replied, something to the effect of "I just got back from a 5hr ride." Levi's reply was, "F#$k, you are training ALREADY?"

fasterTHANyou

Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
washington dc
yeah... this sounds like bs to me as well... why would the man want to put anything else in his body after all he went through? and its not like he hasn't been tested for everything, all the time. ridiculous. here's hoping for 6