Quantcast

around portland

ICU812

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
East Coast
iam going to be in portland mid october and iam looking to find some dh shuttle spots within a 1 to 2 hour drive from that area. also,are there any organized groups or bike shops that i can contact for such riding? any info would great.

ICU812

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
East Coast
how far from portland is gov camp, and what type of riding is there? i will be in portland on oct 17 and wanted to have some spots planned out before i get there.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
I dont know gov camp but post and blackrock are freeride with great flowy trails, well built stunts, steeps etc....since you are frmo the east coast picture a cross between Plattekil and Diablo with a heavier tilti towards diablo

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
on a similar topic, who can give me the details on syncline. i was hoping to take my roadie bro who lives in portland there sometime soon to convince him he needs a mtb.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Blackrock is hike a bike but well worth it. Post Canyon is the best freeride spot to shuttle.

Washington park is were I learned how to build jumps, they were all torn down last time I was there tough. You can poach some of the hiking trails but people get really pissed off.

I would say go to goverment camp if you are taking someone that is new to mntbiking. There is a trail you can shuttle from Timberline that has fast flowy single track, I can give you directions if you want, PM me.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
same place the first "hood" race was this year right?
nah more dh, its called the pioneer bridle trail. you shuttle from the skibowl parking lot up to timberline lodge and keep driving past the parking lot on a gravel road past the first lift and there should be some kind of pull off to the left, thats where you follow the road (on your bike) down and too the trail. it comes out at the end of govy, where you can coast to skibowl

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
hmmm, i'm looking for something pretty mellow, my bro has only ridden mtb once before and says he doesn't want to kill himself...crazy. and nice flowy singletrack networks around would be awesome.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Pioner bridal trial is the one that goes from goverment camp to Rodeadenren. There is more up hill invoved but also some sweet single track thats super smooth and flowy.

The all those trails are ideal for a beginer, its just single track nothing technical at all, the trails are totaly differnt than were the races are held at skibowl. I took my roomate there who had hardly ridin a bike in her life and she had a blast. If you want more directions PM me.