Quantcast

ARRGH! I killed it.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh my god!

I killed my beautiful baby!

Someone console me! I'm just glad I found this crack while lovingly maintaining my Titus, instead of airborne on the trail.

I wonder what Titus will say, warranty-wise? It's not like I crashed...just that this crack appeared all of a sudden. Don't think it was there for long, because I'm pretty careful to inspect.
Maybe a new front triangle at cost, at least, I'd hope, if not a replacement. They've always been cool to me so far...

Anyhow, just thought I'd ask for some fellowship in mourning the passing of a great frame...

-Mike:crying:D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No crap!

Thanks for the Stratos stuff, too. Just what I needed!

Can I order seals from you, too? (The Stratos wasn't on the Titus, btw! It was a Z1!) Now I REALLY need that fork running so I can build up another frame!!!!!

-Mike

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by MikeD
No crap!

Thanks for the Stratos stuff, too. Just what I needed!

Can I order seals from you, too? (The Stratos wasn't on the Titus, btw! It was a Z1!) Now I REALLY need that fork running so I can build up another frame!!!!!

-Mike
Yeah you can, PM me for more details.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I guess I'll just have to ride my freeride bike more now! And I'll finish off that Surly I was building quicker...

I shouldn't complain at all, I guess. It really was amazing, though...the emotional loss I felt was pretty severe.

I NEED TO GET A LIFE!

:help:

-Mike

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
That's the one! Been lusting after one before I ever even saw a pic of the frame...once I saw that curvy top tube and orange powdercoat, I was hooked. So when one came up for sale used on the board, I went for it!

Now I'm just waiting on Webcyclery to send me the parts. Too much bantering, not enough mailing!! I want that sucker ridable NOW!!!

I'll post a pic when it's done.

-Mike:D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Check it out...

PlanetX BMF 24" to XT disc with Kujo 3.0s; Azonic cromo cranks, shorty stem, PDW bars, Stratos FR4 fork, Avid mech discs, cheapo throwaway bits and deore stuff...

Sounds like fun to me! I'm gonna use it to learn real technique, so that when I get back on my 6" F/S machine, I can use the suspension to soak up 10' impacts, not cover my mistakes on a 5' drop.

I hope I live through this.

And I hope my Titus comes back soon all better (ie new) so I can just enjoy some general riding!

Mike

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
For all the help and sympathy. I'm starting a new thread on the results, so stand by...

Mike

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by MikeD
For all the help and sympathy. I'm starting a new thread on the results, so stand by...

Mike
Still standing. My legs are starting to hurt. My back is getting sore. How long do I have to stand here?:confused: :confused: :help:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
They tried to put my feet in 4130 shoes and send me to 'Sleep with the Surlys...'

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Smurf,

The crack did start at the weld underneath the top tube.