Quantcast

Arrow Dhx?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
They're heavy, strong, and black :)

I love em, for a heavier rider or someone who really likes to plow over things they rock. They weigh though a bit more than a EX729 (something like 140g+ per just the rim).

I've had both their FRX and DHX wheels. DH wise I have no real need for any othe rims, the Arrows just take the abuse and keep going.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Really wide, really strong (not just hype), extraordinarily heavy. (There may be heavier, crappier rims out there...doublewides, Atomlabs, whatever...but these are the heaviest of any quality rim I've ever seen/used.)

For anyone who's not a really big dude, I couldn't recommend them...Mavic 321 (7-whatever-it's-called-now) are more appropriate for most people as a wide rim.

MD

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
i have had mine for a couple seasons now. a little wobble in the back but i have hit rock to rim sooo many times, its still round

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
bomberboy1234 said:
I have heard they crack more than something like a d321.
They don't crack at the eyelets like a D321 would, rather the weld cracks. Very rare though (doing stupid things like giant stair gaps etc...) will crack about any rim out there. DHX's are some of the stronger DH rims made period.

But any rim will meet its maker, just depends at what time :)