Quantcast

Asheville Monkeys: New Trails to ride...enjoy

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Click here to read about them:
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pisgah_SORBA/message/131

Not sure if it makes you sign up to read the thread, but all the info is there.

Let me know if you can't access it.
Is this the place you have talked about riding? You can down load the PDF map but it will not let you print it. Not enough data. It will blank out when you try to print. Thanks for the update. New places to ride are always great.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Sweet, have they taken down the no trespassing sign towards the top of Little Pisgah Rd. yet? Because that would certainly detur some riders from going to the very top and enjoying the view.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sweet, have they taken down the no trespassing sign towards the top of Little Pisgah Rd. yet? Because that would certainly detur some riders from going to the very top and enjoying the view.
There are signs, Big Orange Ones, that say No Motorized Vehicles to indicate what is a conservancy trail. Like I posted, if you run into the sweet lady near the top, she is worth talking to and can point you in the right direction of things the land owners will let you ride that may not be marked. if you want to go ride there and don't have a map, stop in Nita's Grocery and she will sell you one for 50 cents.

It is best to stay on the conservancy trails and if there is doubt about a given trail that is not blazed, stay off it unless a landowner gives you express permission.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Is this the place you have talked about riding? You can down load the PDF map but it will not let you print it. Not enough data. It will blank out when you try to print. Thanks for the update. New places to ride are always great.
Again, do not view the webpage PDF, SAVE IT to your hard drive. Then OPEN ACROBAT Reader and view the pdf. You can then print it.

And no, this is not what I was telling you about. I've been advised not to go on that particular trail anymore. I approached the owner and they asked that I stay off their trail for the time being. I'm still in "discussions" with them on that one.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
fun now if i only had a trail bike or they made a shuttle road it will be awsome. although the climb to the top does wield some awsome views and a pretty fun drop.

thanks butch

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
fun now if i only had a trail bike or they made a shuttle road it will be awsome. although the climb to the top does wield some awsome views and a pretty fun drop.

thanks butch
hah hah...I think I saw that pic a year or two didn't I? Or is it a recent pic? I was thinking Mueller took that pic. Am I right?

Heck, you think that's a nice drop. There's some stuff along the continental Divide there that is just flat burly. It's going to take a while to learn what is legal for bikes and what's not. On the opposite side of the road is a trail that I've gotta get some clarification on:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
that pic is about two years old. that is acctually one of the first drops that i ever hit on my sgs, and no mueller (unfortunatly) wasnt the photog. that photo is credited to our eldest rider carl.

so that is the trail that you have been hitting that we all want to know about. man good luck with the deliberations and let us know when its good to go, and as usual man you need any help just give us a shout.:clapping:

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
that's me on the rock in the picture... I miss that bike sometimes.

I don't know if you guys are talking about the same lady... but last time we were up there (when the pic was taken) that lady chased us down on horseback,yelled at us, and told us to get off.... maybe we took the wrong trails down and ran into a different lady.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
that's me on the rock in the picture... I miss that bike sometimes.

I don't know if you guys are talking about the same lady... but last time we were up there (when the pic was taken) that lady chased us down on horseback,yelled at us, and told us to get off.... maybe we took the wrong trails down and ran into a different lady.
were you all wearing spiked collars and brandishing sabers?