Quantcast

asheville pump track

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
i read on here a while ago that there was a community pump track being built in asheville. i was just wondering if it was done and if it was open to everyone. anyone with any info would be great.
thanks
jason

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jason,

Jon Sarver's the guy to talk to. Actually, oddly enough there are now TWO pump tracks in Asheville.

jonsarver@yahoo.com is his email. If you're wanting to go by today, he might not email you in time. The way to get there is easy if you know Asheville.

If you know the back way to cut from Tunnel Rd through Kenilworth, it's off that road. Coming from Tunnel Rd, you see a BIG brick church on your left after you go through the two real sharp curves. You turn down the road just before the church and the pump track is basicly in the yard adjoining the back of the church.

Coming from Biltmore/Hwy 25, the church is on your right and you turn down on the first road on the right past the church.
Hope that helps.

Oh...and the 2nd one is in Bent Creek subdivision in their park. If you have a friend who lives in there, park your car at their house and ride your bike to the pump track.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sorry...forgot to answer the other question. Sarver's pump track is open to the public. Bent Creeks track is open to the public, but not broadcast b/c the neighborhood doesn't want a bunch of traffic and hoodlums...heh. :think: They built it to give the kids a place to goof with the adults. Bring a grom and you'll get bonus points.

ridingdown

Chimp
Aug 13, 2007
thanks for the info. i got ahold of jon sarver and he filled me in with all the details. the help is much appreciated
jason