Quantcast

Ashland DH

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
hey, i'm new to the trail network here in ashland, im a student at SOU and just recently brought my bike down and im eager to shred. i rode my track bike to the top of tolman creek the other day and saw some shuttlers. anybody down to ride and show me around? i dont really have any shuttle buddies down here at the moment

Trev
503-754-7457

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive been looking at moving to Ashland or Bellingham. Let us know about the riding and post some pics.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
well i got bored yesterday so i just started hiking and got picked up by some shuttlers, so no pics as long as im riding solo, but you can check some out on pinkbike. in the summer there are even more trails from the top of mt ashland, i heard it takes about 45 min from the top, but they arent rideable till about july

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Boing!

Hey Trev, I don't hover on these forums that much... I would've responded quickly. I'm sure you've probably already met some of the key locals to ride with. There are also some pretty prime trails in the Talant area that don't have the mega-hiker element to deal with like Ashland. I'd be happy to show you a few... I think this Thursday there's a few guys who meet in Lithia at the bandshell around 6:00p.m. to go to 4 corners. (Top of Tolman...)

I'm planning on doing some trail work with some of the guys in our local club this Sunday. We're planning on meeting at the Talant Walmart at 10:00 a.m. Bikes are optional...

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
**** i cant make it this week im headed up to port angelas for the fluidride race tomorrow, ill be back monday. but yea ive met some guys lately, a guy named fish and a highschooler named sean. i also rode with the cleveland boys (the dad and josh) the other week, they're pinners for sureee. gimme a call on my cell or leaves yours and ill contact you. i go to sou so im just at the bottom of the hill!

flailer

Chimp
Aug 5, 2006
S. Oregon
Dood,

I know Fish!!! Tell him flailer / Craig says hi, from S Cali

I love those trails.
Ashland trails are longer.
Talent trails has far-far fewer peds.
Jedi trail at Galice / Taylor Crk is so sweet - worth the drive.
Jedi links to Taylor crk trail and the lookout / slate crk trail if memory serves.
One can shuttle to the fire-lookout and bomb down to tin-cup / tin can campground.

Enjoy!

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
Kanter,

you should prob. head to Ashland... the trails aren't that great around b'ham - not many choices within an hour - and the politics are out of hand. good luck...

happhazard

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
@ Kanter, yes, there are trails to ride year-round. Shuttle-able too! Wintertime riding is pretty sweet- the traction when wet is amazing. Some fun riding in the Mt. Shasta area as well, an hour and a half away.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
@ Kanter, yes, there are trails to ride year-round. Shuttle-able too! Wintertime riding is pretty sweet- the traction when wet is amazing. Some fun riding in the Mt. Shasta area as well, an hour and a half away.
Pretty sure I saw you guys last night Brian. Tell Morgan he's a d1ck for not stopping to chat... :homer: