Quantcast

Ashland, Oregon, DH race vid- Short and Sweet!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
It's under a minute long, and I've been sitting on this for awhile now. I was able to use the computers and hosting from work to get it done, so I've gotta give them props for that.

Check it out:
http://www.lezyne.com/Year2/Ashland-Movie.html

It should load and play pretty quickly. If it doesn't, it's probably due to a slow/bogged down internet connection.

What a fun trip!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I need to come down for the next race there.

What's the camping/lodging situation like?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm going up there for the first time in a few weeks on my way to bend. looks like i'll be bringing my DH wheels for sure.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
i'm going up there for the first time in a few weeks on my way to bend. looks like i'll be bringing my DH wheels for sure.
You for sure dont need dh wheels. The race course is a glorified walking path, with exception of the first 100 feet. There is alot of riding around that you would need them for, but if your planning on just riding that crap, you wont need them.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
no no no, i won't be riding that trail, i'll be finding other more tech stuff. at least i hope so.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
There isnt a whole lot of tech stuff up at four corners, where the race is held. There is alot of great riding though. If you want better freeride type terrain, I can give you directions to some of my stuff. Its more wooden stunts that are pretty techy. Kinda in rough shape but way more fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
there were two or three shots of a tree on the right hand side that looked like it was eating helmets. i spotted it at about the 2/3 mark in the movie and again a bit later too. you could see the bark being worn off of it at helmet level. the bigger tree just ahead of it on the left looked like it was fine... probably from everyone hitting the one leaning into the trail.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
oh yea, that wagon is PIMP

nice vid kendall-spaz

i can't wait for the super-d. it's going to be off the hook. charging your @$$ off for 37 minutes is really hard to do, even if the trails are mellow.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
oh yea, that wagon is PIMP

nice vid kendall-spaz

i can't wait for the super-d. it's going to be off the hook. charging your @$$ off for 37 minutes is really hard to do, even if the trails are mellow.
Psyched, I just got shut down on a wedding videography job, and the first gig was going to be that weekend. But the coast is once again clear.

P.S. Check out the latest "training tool"...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Yep- pretty psyched. It was cheap, the riding season is year-round, and it's not some old hunk o' junk.

I can't wait to go rip Downieville on her!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I'm actually planning on doing the same on my new (to me) KTM 380 sometime in June. Gonna race the shuttle to the top then race the riders down on it.

Is that a 125 or a 250?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'm actually planning on doing the same on my new (to me) KTM 380 sometime in June. Gonna race the shuttle to the top then race the riders down on it.

Is that a 125 or a 250?
It's a 2001 125.

Wow, that 380 must be gnarly. I can barely hold onto the YZ as it is. I went and got soft riding some wuss puss 4 strokes around.

I'll wave to ya if I see ya up there. You racing the D-ville classic? I'm doing the Expert XC.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Not racing. I'm pretty over racing mtb's. I'll be doing some enduros soon most likely. Same cost, but hours of racing and you get to do multiple time-trial sections through the race.

The 380 is definitely insane, but very useable. It will idle/putt up anything that you'd have to scream a 125 or 200 up, no matter how rough. It takes the thrill out of trying to ride a 4-stroke of any kind!

The 125's are fun as hell though for singletracks and they usually have some good powerband kick if they're set up for track at all. If I had the space I'd get one as well to keep around as a loaner bike or for total bushwacking adventures.

If you want a real challenge, take it up What? trail and down MG (or P/S if you want to stay out peoples way).