Quantcast

Aspen DH /DJ Recommendations

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
How does Snowmass and/or Aspen area rate for expert level DH (lift or shuttle assisted) and dirt jumping? Trading options for a family travel July 4 week 2011 - strong pull to visit old family friends who recently relocated in Aspen - but I need really good trails and jumps. Else its Whistler again and family (not me) getting tired of it (sorry - not meant as bragging - just context as to what I'm looking for in riding). From the 408 in Cali (Santa Cruz/Highway 9 & Demo Forrest/Aptos Post Office normal riding spots) - and haven't ridden/raced Colorado since Durango in my much younger days. Appreciate any local guidance

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Snowmass has a few trials. The Mountain States Cup race course there is awesome, high speed wide open sections, some tight trees, and one very steep section called Hell's Kitchen.

Unfortunately its just 1 run and only open for the race. So for DH that will keep you occupied for a week its not going to be a good choice.

For CO you're better bet is Keystone, Vail, Winter Park, Sol Vista. All 4 of those places have great trails that will keep you happy. And they are all a little different in style too.