Quantcast

AT&T / Alltel Free Phone Poll

Best Free Phone Choice

• Total voters

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
alltell went tits up and merged... I guess.

I have to choose between a BlackBerry Curve 9300 (already have one), HTC Aria or a Palm Pre Plus. This decision has to be made by January 7th so there's plenty of time to rip the selections to shreds. :thumb:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Occasionally I'm tempted to get a Blackberry, but the emails having to go thru their server which they charge stupid money for down here always puts me off them.

So I'm gonna say Iphone for now as in NZ Iphones are pretty much free if you have a 12 or 24 month contract.... and also just to piss off Syndasti. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Bwahhhhhhhhhhh you're on AT&T!!!!!!!!

At&t sucks so bad around here.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Samsung Captivate. Runs on Android 2.2 with a 1ghz processor and plenty of internal memory. The next choice would be the HTC Aria. Kinda low on the internal memory unless you add a micro SD card. Buddy has the Aria, likes it, but regrets not putting down the extra $60 for the Samsung Captivate.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I'd probably pick up the Captivate. That said, you've got lots of time - there will almost inevitably be a smartphone release closer to Christmas and also lots of specials so your selection will expand.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
ATT is great in Seattle. I never have issues.

I like my BB cause I'm grandfathered into a plan that charges data by the meg. Meaning, I can get my email/internet when I want to for a few cents, or do w/o and it doesn't cost a dime. I can also use wifi for free.
Works for me.
The BB is also a really decent jump drive/mp3 player/personal calender. Plug it into my work PC and outlook syncs and I drag over the stuff I worked on last night at home.