Quantcast

$atan day nata$

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Going to be adding some hangers for the cords and thinking it will get a blue rattle can treatment. Why blue? Because my 3 yr old will tell me it's her favorite color when she sees it.

Resized_Resized_20220501_105106.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
more work on the jeep, wiring harness day.

FYI, Modern jeeps now have a CANBUS system that some legs can have down to a .05 Milliamp voltage reference that if out of spec can shut down the whole circuit and even supplemental circuits to prevent damage so tapping into stock systems is no longer an option. In order to run any additional circuits and accessories you need to make a stand alone harness for such. In my case I have to supply power for a laundry list of lights, cornucopia of comms, multitude of media, as well as power points for compressor, fridge and charging ports for all the other gear I pack along. fun
Always activate your alotments of alliteration in the AM.

more work on the jeep, wiring harness day.

FYI, Modern jeeps now have a CANBUS system that some legs can have down to a .05 Milliamp voltage reference that if out of spec can shut down the whole circuit and even supplemental circuits to prevent damage so tapping into stock systems is no longer an option. In order to run any additional circuits and accessories you need to make a stand alone harness for such. In my case I have to supply power for a laundry list of lights, cornucopia of comms, multitude of media, as well as power points for compressor, fridge and charging ports for all the other gear I pack along. fun
I sort of got into that shit in the Sprinter - I want a cigarette lighter socket that's live when the vehicle's not running, started to try to explore the electrical system, pretty much backed off when I figured out how easy the electrical system is to fuck up, how hard it is to get to, and even how difficult it'd be to run wiring from under the driver's seat to under the passenger's seat.

Can't remove the driver's seat unless I disconnect the battery so as not to cause the airbag system to get into some weird state.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I sort of got into that shit in the Sprinter - I want a cigarette lighter socket that's live when the vehicle's not running, started to try to explore the electrical system, pretty much backed off when I figured out how easy the electrical system is to fuck up, how hard it is to get to, and even how difficult it'd be to run wiring from under the driver's seat to under the passenger's seat.

Can't remove the driver's seat unless I disconnect the battery so as not to cause the airbag system to get into some weird state.
After the last jeep I learned my lesson now I pull all the wire possibly needed and some others for future use just in case and do it all in one harness bundle.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
approved but skeptical. Is it a milkshake whatever? I'm not sure about those.

Also, I had an IPA a few months ago. It was given to me by accident, but I didn't hate it.
Sour ales are, by definition, not the milkshake. It will not bring all the hops to the yard.

Local brewery also had a very tasty New England IPA with lactose sugar which was delicious.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sour ales are, by definition, not the milkshake. It will not bring all the hops to the yard.

Local brewery also had a very tasty New England IPA with lactose sugar which was delicious.

No. Also, no. And no. No no no nope no.

but I'm down with a good sour.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
After the last jeep I learned my lesson now I pull all the wire possibly needed and some others for future use just in case and do it all in one harness bundle.
This is the way. Everything automotive I wire is totally separate from the vehicles oem harness unless it absolutely has to be connected, and all new harnesses get Extra circuits for future expansion. When possible I install extra switches too, or at least leave room in the panel.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I only just recently learned that long term fixed rates are not the norm outside of the US. I'm of the opinion that that is kind of nuts. I'm WAY to "risk adverse" to take a variable long term loan for exactly that reason. Market takes one halfway hard turn and you could be proper fucked.
Interest only mortgages too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
45 mile ride around town. Combination of city streets, bike lanes, bike paths and greenway dirt paths. Averaged 19 MPH, not too shabby for a MTB with knobbies and countless stop signs and traffic lights.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
45 mile ride around town. Combination of city streets, bike lanes, bike paths and greenway dirt paths. Averaged 19 MPH, not too shabby for a MTB with knobbies and countless stop signs and traffic lights.
How many times did you have to race @stoney ? Was it as homoerotic as volleyball? Who was inverted?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This is the way. Everything automotive I wire is totally separate from the vehicles oem harness unless it absolutely has to be connected, and all new harnesses get Extra circuits for future expansion. When possible I install extra switches too, or at least leave room in the panel.
Been pretty happy with switch pros, auxbeams budget set up and of course S pod and S tek stuff. I run a genesis off road dual battery system with twin odysseys so I have plenty of power and isolator/management of the system overall with their G unit to monitor. For comms I run a western radio rig runner set up so it has its own circuit with zero feedback or distortion.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Been pretty happy with switch pros, auxbeams budget set up and of course S pod and S tek stuff. I run a genesis off road dual battery system with twin odysseys so I have plenty of power and isolator/management of the system overall with their G unit to monitor. For comms I run a western radio rig runner set up so it has its own circuit with zero feedback or distortion.
Spods/Switchpros are nice and making wiring dead easy, but I've never liked having all my switches in the same spot. I like my shit kind of spread around so I never have to look to know exactly which switch I'm hitting. However on a nice vehicle you don't want to cut up they're a life saver.