Quantcast

Atlanta Jam?

Brap

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
Anybody have any details on a ride/jam that is suppose to take place in Atlanta this weekend?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I am planning on hitting the friday night and saturday morning sessions.

We're going out to Chuck's today to do some weed eating and raking. The rain last night couldn't have come at a better time. Chuck will be out there this morning smoothing out lips and landings.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
lucas said:
Whatever happened? Any pics?
It's like the event dissapeared.........
Real small turn out. The weather killed the friday urban and sat. am rides.
The DJs behind the drive-in were barely too wet but the skate park was dry inside.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peete said:
Real small turn out. The weather killed the friday urban and sat. am rides.
The DJs behind the drive-in were barely too wet but the skate park was dry inside.
DJs behind the drive in?? Who/what/where?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Oh yeah. Off of Moreland. I was on my way up there today and Kevin called to tell me it started raining.
The manager of the theater wants the riders to sign a waiver and then have at it. There are like 3 sets of jumps and a manual line. Also a no shi+ north shore roll in with a gap drop and then a good size teeter. Looks like there is more stuff in the works...
Give me a call after the grands

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
May I take the time to suggest that everybody who rides there join SORBA (or whatever other USAC club is in the area) and list it as a trail volunteer session or a "club ride". THat way you can be insured by NORBA while you're riding the stunts and have your own legal waiver to sign in addition to the promoters.

For a copy of the official waiver, go to www.usacycling.org and click on FORMS.

It would boost the owner's confidence to know you have secondary medical coverage when you hit the trails out back and are signing off on a waiver directly from your insurer. But still sign his waiver too! That way you get to keep those trails for a long time to come.