Quantcast

Atomlab GI-60 T-A fork, coil 60mm

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
anyone have experience with these fork skatepark riding? what about with 24" wheel and pegs?

>
BTI part #: AL-8841
vendor part #: 1FRK001B
weight: 5.0lbs
dropout: 20x110mm thru-axle
spring type: 3.8 coil
travel: 60mm
adjustability: n/a
damping: mechanical
color: black
axle-crown: -
brake mount: disc only (IS-TA)

Super strong, stiff Dirt Jump/Park specific fork with firm 3.8 coil springs
Heat treated CrMo construction with 1-1/8" threadless steerer
Minimal parts, rider serviceable, IS 51mm disc brake mounts
BTI #AL-8950 available separately for extra-firm 4.0 coil tuning kit

SDG

Chimp
May 24, 2007
i had 1 of these. Pegs are posible, but you need to change the holes in the pegs or alter the 20mm thrue axcel. My experience was not so good, cause after a week the fork was broken. There are 2 cups welded in the uppertubes to hold the spring and the lowerlegs.
1 of them got lose somehow, so i could pull the lowers down a bit.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Do a search on this forum - I did a small writeup. I would love to like the fork - I think something like it would be an important addition to the type of riding a lot of us do but... there are a bunch of things that could be improved upon.

I had it on for a day and wasn't too siked so I went back to the trusty Manitou Jumper. Afer hearing SDG's report - I'm not surprised and seems to confirm that Atomlab either rushed this to market or didn't test it enough. Weird as Hacksaw came on this forum saying it was the 2nd coming of Christ...

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
since i never come on this ride monkey anymore but was told about this i need to defend myself and the gi 60 fork. I raved about it because when I am handed the prototype fork and beat the living hell out of it or anything else for that matter i am going to give it props.Production was not handled the way it should have been which now Mike and Myself are trying to handle correctly.
If they were built the way mine and the other 2 proto's were built there would be no problems at all.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
since i never come on this ride monkey anymore but was told about this i need to defend myself and the gi 60 fork. I raved about it because when I am handed the prototype fork and beat the living hell out of it or anything else for that matter i am going to give it props.Production was not handled the way it should have been which now Mike and Myself are trying to handle correctly.
If they were built the way mine and the other 2 proto's were built there would be no problems at all.
So Hacksaw, what happened during production and what is going to happen with people that bought these forks and haven't been happy?

I bought the GI60 based a LOT on your review on this site. I've seen pics of you ride and you go a lot harder than I do and had very good things to say. One driveway test ride with it and I was feeling like something was wrong with the fork - it certainly didn't feel like the Jumper or lowered Z1 I also run.

So what are the next steps? I haven't emailed Mike as I'd rather spend my free time this summer digging at the trails then packing and shipping a fork and worrying about it.

Here is a link to my review: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202539&highlight=gi60

You also mention you don't come on Ridemonkey anymore - I personally think that there are a lot of very good riders w/ a lot of knowledge on this board. I know a few of us would have been able to help get the GI60 product more dialed.