Quantcast

Attention, Downhill forum monkeys!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I know the Secret Santa is usually a Lounge monkey thing, and there are some that wander back and forth, but the more people we get, the more fun the outcome is so I thought I'd post it over here.

So, take a look at the past years' results (seriously, there's a ton of fun local swag that gets sent back and forth - craft beers, locally made items, even some handmade stuff like 4130's metalwork), and consider signing up to participate. Guaranteed fun for all *

2014 thread & 2015 thread

Here's the signup details for this year, in case you, ya' know, missed the giant notice at the top of the forum.
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-for-2016.277651/

* fun is not guaranteed. results may vary. may cause irritable bowel syndrome, and sandy-ness of the private areas.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Sure looks like the lizard people running RM want to obtain more personal info from us!

:tinfoil:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sure looks like the lizard people running RM want to obtain more personal info from us!

:tinfoil:
That's ridiculous. There are no lizard people. The only reason my wish list requests insects is to feed my... pets.

For anyone with their tinfoil on too tight, the information goes into a personal Gmail account and the only person who sees it is me and the person sending your gift.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
For anyone with their tinfoil on too tight, the information goes into a personal Gmail account and the only person who sees it is me and the person sending your gift.
So what you're saying is:

Please send your home address to gmail - from google – a company that makes their money from scanning your personal information, understanding the contents and providing that data to individuals/companies so they can buy advertising against that?

I get it now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Please send your home address to gmail - from google – a company that makes their money from scanning your personal information, understanding the contents and providing that data to individuals/companies so they can buy advertising against that?

I get it now.
tl;dr - lizard people gonna lizard

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

I get it now.
Eh...chances are very high your address is already available.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
You cell phone is associated with your home address so they already know that info

Even if your location is off on your phone it still rings wherever you are when people call you so um they know where you are also