Quantcast

Attention N* Racers

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
Since N* isn't counting their races as a series I've decided to do that on my own just for the fun of it. If I find some more time to get organzied I'll try to set up a series awards at the last race or something. I'm basing the points on an existing system that looks like this:

Placing Points
1 50
2 40
3 34
4 30
5 26
6 23
7 20
8 17
9 14
10 12
11 10
12 9
13 8
14 7
15 6
16 5
17 4
18 3
19 2
20 1

If there are any questions/errors PM me and PLEASE PASS THE WORD SINCE THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I'LL BE POSTING NOTICE OF THE SERIES POINTS.

The standings can be found here: www.gravityskills.com

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
Thanks for setting up this system.

Are you going to do something like only count three of the four races? Or does every person have to race every race? I mean, are we able to skip a race and still have a chance?

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
I don't plan on making any requirements or drops. The more races you do the better your chances and since it's just a four race series droping a race I don;t think will be worth it. I'm using this as an opportunity to start looking into race promotion, I'd like to put on a race or two in the future.

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
cool. i didn't know the n* series was 4 races. that makes a total of 5 including last weekend's cal state race.

i know probably no one is listening, but i wish just for once they would change the beg/sport course and throw us something a little different. racing the exact same course every time is boring. at cal state the exp/pros got to ride full dogbone. that's cool for them, but us beg/sport guys got the same course again as usual. i guess the organizers think including even just the upper or middle part of dogbone is too knarly for beg/sport, but i think it would make the course more fun. or start the course on sinuous or haugs. there's also middle karpiel and pho dogg. plenty of good options. how about a little change once in a while eh? anybody else concur with me on that?

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
As of now I wasn;t planning on counting the Team Big Bear Cal State race in the series (since I was away at Whistler) but I might try to track those results as well later. But for now I'm only counting the series that N* is promoting. And no you're not the only one who wishes N* would change things up a bit.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
cornholio said:
cool. i didn't know the n* series was 4 races. that makes a total of 5 including last weekend's cal state race.

i know probably no one is listening, but i wish just for once they would change the beg/sport course and throw us something a little different. racing the exact same course every time is boring. at cal state the exp/pros got to ride full dogbone. that's cool for them, but us beg/sport guys got the same course again as usual. i guess the organizers think including even just the upper or middle part of dogbone is too knarly for beg/sport, but i think it would make the course more fun. or start the course on sinuous or haugs. there's also middle karpiel and pho dogg. plenty of good options. how about a little change once in a while eh? anybody else concur with me on that?
I concur

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
cornholio said:

what is the course they use for beg/sport? I was thinking about maybe doing a race this year and I would probably put myself in one of those classes.

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
dfinn said:
what is the course they use for beg/sport? I was thinking about maybe doing a race this year and I would probably put myself in one of those classes.
karpiel, speed control, lower pho dogg, karpiel/daytona berms, finish line at stadium jump. experts are usually on the same course, except instead of the long flat over to lower pho dogg, they take slabs, vietnam, etc.

i started racing last year, and so far that's been the beg/sport course every time except once, when they replaced the speed control section with middle karpiel--fun course, and as an added bonus, it was snowing. for just once, i'd like to see them replace speed control with middle dog bone. that would be sick. dog bone has some rocks, yeah, but imo not nearly as sketchy or dangerous as the stuff after slabs. if not that, then throw in middle karpiel or upper pho dogg instead of speed control. i mean, come on, it's northstar, even the B course should have some rocks on it. :mumble:

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
cornholio said:
karpiel, speed control, lower pho dogg, karpiel/daytona berms, finish line at stadium jump. experts are usually on the same course, except instead of the long flat over to lower pho dogg, they take slabs, vietnam, etc.

i started racing last year, and so far that's been the beg/sport course every time except once, when they replaced the speed control section with middle karpiel--fun course, and as an added bonus, it was snowing. for just once, i'd like to see them replace speed control with middle dog bone. that would be sick. dog bone has some rocks, yeah, but imo not nearly as sketchy or dangerous as the stuff after slabs. if not that, then throw in middle karpiel or upper pho dogg instead of speed control. i mean, come on, it's northstar, even the B course should have some rocks on it. :mumble:
I wish they would put in the mid section of Karpiel for a change up once in a while. Speed control is a fun high speed section and the big jumps are fun....for the first year! I think if they added the mid section of Karp, it would be a pretty good medium. A little more tech, with a drop or two to keep the sports from getting board, but not so uber tech that the beginners would not be able to do it. Hmm...3 more races left, maybe they'll liven it up a little.