Quantcast

ATTN: People With Red Reputation

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
We're the unwanted black sheep of RM, but do you have to be stoopid as well?

Giving me negative feedback and anonymously writing You suck! only gives me a grey box that carries no weight.

Tear me up in a thread for all to see, or suck up to a "heavy green" member to pull your rep up and THEN leave negative for me.

:wave:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stinkyboy said:
We're the unwanted black sheep of RM, but do you have to be stoopid as well?

Giving me negative feedback and anonymously writing You suck! only gives me a grey box that carries no weight.

Tear me up in a thread for all to see, or suck up to a "heavy green" member to pull your rep up and THEN leave negative for me.

:wave:
BWAHAHA :rofl: thats F'n funny!!!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
A majority of the big red or green ratings are fake.

Ratings are artificially boosted by mods and don't reflect reality.

Moderators also can cheat and see who gives them ratings :p

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
IMHO, its just a silly forum mod made by some RPG nerds.

"Check me out, level up!"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
syadasti said:
A majority of the big red or green ratings are fake.

Ratings are artificially boosted by mods and don't reflect reality.

Moderators also can cheat and see who gives them ratings :p
Actually you're only partially correct.

A lot of the current red/green ratings are skewed by the fact that N8 had a postcount of half a million or something and somehow got into the green (probably by stinkyboy and crew giving him greens). Then anytime he approved someone they got the grail, and if he disapproved someone they got major red. His post count is fixed but there are still some resulting grail holders. It will all get reset eventually anyway so don't sweat it.

As far as I know no moderator has artificially boosted anyone's rating.

Mods can't see who gave feedback, admins can. There are VERY few admins.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Well between last evening and this morning someone gave me 500+ points in one thread with one bit of feedback.

However it works, its retarded.

It seems Ciaran doesn't like me knocking RPGers. I would think even mediveal actors would look down on them :rofl:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
syadasti said:
Well between last evening and this morning someone gave me 500+ points in one thread with one bit of feedback.

However it works, its retarded.
If you remove the anomaly of N8's postcount everyone would be at one or 2 squares. Have you ever beta'd software? What's the purpose of testing a feature?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
And to think I've been sucking up to the wrong people all along........... :)
Don't suck up to admins. We suck. Our feedback power is locked in at 10 no matter how high our reputation grows. You need to suck up to those super duper uber members. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
syadasti said:
It seems Ciaran doesn't like me knocking RPGers. I would think even mediveal actors would look down on them :rofl:
I left you reputation feedback? You must have been a meanie... or maybe I meant to give it to Burley Shirley. :p

Well, I have left some for everyone I could in this thread. Some green, some red.

Is there anyway to view the rep I have left for others?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
You got to the holy grail because of N8?!? Oh the horror! :D
It's kind of like he sold his soul to the devil. Well more like the devil just gave him something and forgot to ask him to sign the contract.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Actually you're only partially correct.

A lot of the current red/green ratings are skewed by the fact that N8 had a postcount of half a million or something and somehow got into the green (probably by stinkyboy and crew giving him greens). Then anytime he approved someone they got the grail, and if he disapproved someone they got major red. His post count is fixed but there are still some resulting grail holders. It will all get reset eventually anyway so don't sweat it.

As far as I know no moderator has artificially boosted anyone's rating.

Mods can't see who gave feedback, admins can. There are VERY few admins.

Whoa! Don't blame me!!!

First off, I didn't give myself 55+ million posts and second I didn't enable the Reputation mod.

I did give several members approval when I got out of the Red... BV being one of them :rolleyes:. I do hit those who Approve me back with the same since I know I won't be in the position to do that for long.

I think the whole thing is dumb and that it should be up to the user to turn it on and play along or turn it off. I don't see any point to it other than to start flame wars. I get negative feedback not because of what I post, but for the fact I posted at all. Not to mention all the asshats who are intentionally trying to drive me into the red just because (like I give a sh!t). Being in the minority on here is exactly where I want to be since the popular vocal majority are generally 'tards (with some exceptions).

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This reputation thing is a mod to the forum software, I meant badly written mod, not moderator (thats why I said Moderator in the second part about see who left them feedback).

Who ever implemented should have only given access to the reputation feature to Ridemonkey and maybe one other administrator (if there is a second owner or key trusted member). Maybe whomever installed it doesn't know how to edit code or was lazy when it was installed.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
N8 said:
Whoa! Don't blame me!!!

First off, I didn't give myself 55+ million posts and second I didn't enable the Reputation mod.
Go get a dictionary and look up the following two words:

1. Blame
2. Explain

Didn't mean to imply you did it on purpose, only saying what happened.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Go get a dictionary and look up the following two words:

1. Blame
2. Explain

Didn't mean to imply you did it on purpose, only saying what happened.

Oh... sorry for upsetting the phoney/meaningless Rep status quo then.