Quantcast

ATTN Roco owners

May 30, 2005
A$$pen
I called Marzocchi today to try to get a new compression adjustment knob after the original one fell off. They said that unfortunately they don't have any small parts for the Roco yet. I have also asked around at several shops in Whistler, and nobody seems to know how to rebuild them. My question was about adding oil.

So, Marzocchi has sold a rebuildable shock that shops aren't comfortable rebuilding and for which they don't yet have replacement parts. Nice move.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hmmm.. hope nothing important breaks.
I did notice when installing mine that the tiny allen that holds on the knob wasn't very tight. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people lose theirs.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
cant help you with the adjuster (i have a few since the PDC cant fit the adjuster so i take them off, but im "sorta far away") but any shop that can rebuild ANY shock should be able to rebuild or service a roco, in fact, if you feel it needs to have more oil, you can do that yourself without any special tools save for a screwdriver and maybe a syringe you can get at a drugstore, search for evilbobs post on the subject or post back here if you dont find it.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Oil changing is rather easy, I did it not long ago, there was a thread about it, quick search and it should be there.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
I think this might be it http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2126349#post2126349

Blue Locktite is a good thing to use on your stuff before it is ever put to use. I have a habit of almost always breaking down and rebuilding new product before I use it. I kind of like to know how things work and that things won't fall off right away.

For those that are troubled by the lack of service instructions, take it to a moto shop that works on suspension, If they are half way decent they should be able to work on it without any problems.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
replaced the oil last night and got it to the right volume. worlds of difference, the shock feels amazing. off to platty this weekend to give it a good thrashing :thumb:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
FYI for everyone who cares, the compression knob on the bottom of the 888RC2X is similar (although larger) to the Roco knob.

I've noticed it coming loose before.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Biscuit said:
FYI for everyone who cares, the compression knob on the bottom of the 888RC2X is similar (although larger) to the Roco knob.

I've noticed it coming loose before.
The All Mountain forks have the same problem. The solution is to take them off before you ever ride them and reassemble with blue locktite.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Yea, I do that with pretty much everything.
I took all the crown bolts and pinch bolts out and greased them so they don't creak, but didn't think to check the knobs.