Quantcast

August 22-24, HUGE EVENT WEEKEND!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
More info release on the 48STRAIGHT Weekend in 3 weeks!

While the 48STRAIGHT professional mountain bike action at Diablo Freeride Park will no doubt be breathtaking, an equally dynamic line-up of events off the dirt will make for an electrifying weekend at Mountain Creek Resort.

Enjoy a visit through the Sponsor Alley and pick up some great free gear from partners including Jeep, Paul Mitchell, Trikke, Michelin, Cycleworks Bike Shop and adidas Eyewear. Jeep will host simulator rides, while Paul Mitchell’s professional stylists offer $15 haircuts with proceeds benefiting the Challenged Athletes Foundation. You can also test drive a Trikke scooter and receive a free safety check for your bike courtesy of Cycleworks Bike Shop.

You’ll also want to hit the Beer Garden, featuring some of the most popular beverages from local and regional breweries before settling in to enjoy a FREE concert from Hell’s Belles, the world-renowned all-female AC/DC tribute band.

On the mountain, the event will be headlined by the 48STRAIGHT Mountain Bike Series, with some of the world’s top racers battling in dual slalom format for the richest payout in professional mountain bike racing. Local professionals and semi-pros will have a chance to grab one of the spots in the competition through an open qualifier which will be capped at 75 men and 25 women.

Non-elite amateurs and club riders will also have their chance to shine and earn prizes in the IndyCross competition, where they will try to tackle the racecourse and beat a blistering pace set by one of the top riders in the sport.

The full event schedule includes:

Friday, August 22
12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Qualification for Dual Slalom 48STRAIGHT competition
4 p.m. – 6 p.m. IndyCross Challenge [Free entry!]

Saturday, August 23
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. [Diablo Domination Series Practice - Downhill] - Register Online!
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sponsor Expo / Beer Garden
12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Jeep 48STRAIGHT Dual Slalom Competition
2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. IndyCross Challenge
3:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. FREE Concert featuring Hell's Belles

Sunday, August 24
11:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. [Diablo Domination Series - Downhill]-Register Online!

Jeep 48STRAIGHT - PRO PURSE PAYOUT

The men’s race will pay down to 16th place and women’s race to 8th place. The break down is as follows:

1st place 100 points $5,000
2nd place 90 points $4,000
3rd place 80 points $3,000
4th place 70 points $2,000
5th place 60 points $1,500
6th place 50 points $1,000
7th place 40 points $750
8th place 30 points $500
9th - 16th place 20 points $250

[Athletes - Please be advised that this event is mandatory pre-registration]

http://www.jeepmtnbiking.com/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=568

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
is there going to be on site registration? and i know the indycross is free, but do you still have to sighn up for it ?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
is there going to be on site registration? and i know the indycross is free, but do you still have to sighn up for it ?
-No onsite registration for 48Straight
-There is the normal Saturday/early Sunday onsite registration for Domination Series
-IndyCross Registration will be at the start gate prior to each session - totally free!

Mark your calendars, this will be a huge weekend and there are many pros that will be in town to compete in both the 48Straight and Domination #3~!

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
yea, what is "indycross" ??? mass start dh race? super d? fireroad racing with weapons? BIG expectations for this...

Last edited:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Diablo:

I know the element of surprise works in your favor most times, but I think it would be a good idea to start providing better information on some of these events like Dirt Derby and Indycross more than a week in advance, so we can decide if they are worth entering. The event is less than three weeks from now, pre-registration is a must, and nobody even knows what the heck is going on!

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Any chance of having the Domination course taped for Friday riding.. The beer garden opens at 11 on Sat. That means only two hours of practice for me :cheers:

E. Fleming

Chimp
Sep 25, 2001
NYC
Diablo Freeride Park is open all week for riding. No festival happenings until Friday.

Here is some athlete info for Thursday:

Thursday, August 21
10am-6pm - Mandatory Athlete Check-in
7:00pm Mandatory Athlete Meeting

More info: https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Item.aspx?id=2583
Hi Diablo,

Can we check in on Friday morning for 48 Straight? I didnt see anything about check ins on the 21st on the Jeep KOM website. And oh yea, I am pre-reggie'd already. thanks fellas.

Your friend,
Eric

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Hey everyone...Thanks for all the comments. Some more clarity.:

-Indycross: Course info announced soon. Registration will take place onsite only. This is a "fun" race, jam-format, with some great prizes! This will be the first glimpse available for our IndyCross course.

-Dirt Derby has been cancelled for this year

-Domination Series: Online registration is available as well as the normal onsite registration. The course will be a unique mix of Retreat/Asylum/Crap Chute/Bottom-of-Ripper. There is a good chance the course will be taped earlier in the week.

-Jeep 48STRAIGHT Dual Slalom - This event is open to semi-pro/Pro level racers and online registration is mandatory

The Jeep 48STRAIGHT weekend is going to be huge!

Last edited:

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
damn... no dirt derby,

I was looking forward to bobuska king riding one of our (failure) contraptions.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Think opening to Indiana Jones with the rolling boulders and gates and poison arrows and pissed off Indians and ****.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
it is just a frames and log rides for dh bikes. pretty much speed trials for dh bikes down then back up were the uso berms were.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
All of a sudden the Jeep48Straight registration link in the original post comes up as "Page Cannot be displayed." It worked last week. Anyone else having this problem or just me? Hope I didn't miss the cut off for sign-ups.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
All of a sudden the Jeep48Straight registration link in the original post comes up as "Page Cannot be displayed." It worked last week. Anyone else having this problem or just me? Hope I didn't miss the cut off for sign-ups.
Last time I checked, they needed as many sign-ups as possible. Only 19 men and 4 women were registered, if I remember correctly. Interesting to see how this is going to pan out...

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I just used the sportsbase link and it works, I would try it again, I believe they extended the registration thru Wed the 20th.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Last Chance! Registration closes at midnight!

Huge cash purse, television coverage, sick course! If you are a DS racer, do not miss this opportunity!

Cash Purse:
1st place 100 points $5,000
2nd place 90 points $4,000
3rd place 80 points $3,000
4th place 70 points $2,000
5th place 60 points $1,500
6th place 50 points $1,000
7th place 40 points $750
8th place 30 points $500
9th - 16th place 20 points $250

See who's registered https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Registrants.aspx?item_id=2583

HERE TO REGISTER! https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/RequiredRead.aspx?id=2583

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Now the links work.

"8/20/2008 11:59:59 PM"-Sportsbaseonline

I hope you don't mean midnight tonight because the site says tomorrow night.