Quantcast

Australian monkeys

Aug 31, 2005
I'm planning to go to Australia at the end of 2011 and i would like to know what are the best cities for work and DH ;).

I want to be able to ride every weekend without having to drive hours to get to a mountain with chairlift access.

Is Sydney the best option? How are the Blue mountains for DH?

Should i consider Brisbane? Perth?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
There's only 2 real chairlift accessible DH mountains in the whole of Australia. Almost of our DH trails are shuttled with utes or trucks. Some have on-road shuttles but a lot are 4WD access only.

What sort of work do you do? That might make a difference in where you live as well?

Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide are the biggest cities and all have variety of tracks around them. Are you going to race? Our "National" series is run almost exclusively in New South Wales and Victoria.

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Where ever you go, you'll probably need to make riding buddies to find the best DH tracks. There's a watering hole on Rotorburn to meet people to ride. I'm liking my stint in Jindabyne, buit Canberra may also be cool. No, not Stromlo.

Aug 31, 2005
Allright Sydney + racing in the national series seems like the best option.

toodles: I'm an Analyst programmer/J2EE developper in the financial domain so bigger the city is better it is for me.

thanks for the input