Quantcast

AutoCad or AutoCad Lite users

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Just need to know how to turn a spline line into a polyline?

Can anyone help with this?

We have AutoCad at the office but its not our primary program, we just use it to convert or save files back to a later version so our main cad program can read them. Our main cad program can not read splined lines so we have to tell the customer to remove the splines and resend the file. Is it a simple task to turn spline lines to polylines???

thanks

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
ahhh, not sure what soildworks does, never used it but yes its the same concept, turning a series of straight lines into arcs. I gotta look up the term bezier. Sometimes though, the files we receive will have the portion of the drawing with splines not even visible on the screen when opening with our in-house program. If we could view the straight line segments we would be able to make an arc of them most of the time but the splined areas are most times not even visable therefor we ask the customer to resend.

woodsguy- is the autodesk forums a specific forum? Because i'v done some searching and ran into a few forums about this but with no exact answer yet. Also, not sure I was on and exact autodesk forum. I did get a couple youtube vids that I will have to check out when I have audio though.

any more thoughts???