Avalanche Cartridge For 888

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI

llaskin

Chimp
Feb 7, 2004
Craig also mentioned that he might try to make conversion kits for long-travel single-crown forks if there was sufficient demand, so let him know if you're interested.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Craig also mentioned that he might try to make conversion kits for long-travel single-crown forks if there was sufficient demand, so let him know if you're interested.
Oh yeah, I have 2010 Totems that feel pretty damn average, this might be just what I need, cheers.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If thats the only real complaint Im pretty imrpessed...

Actually B its being worked on and will be re;easing soon as well..... If it all goes well. I actually by chance ended up chatting with the guy building it or going to be and good designer should be sick...
Yep, thats my only complaint with Avy. I love Avy/Craig.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yep, thats my only complaint with Avy. I love Avy/Craig.
I think the new AVA program will be the goods to have.... I know first hand the hi speed mod is top notch and makes a HUGE difference, the woodie shock is hands down better than the rest Ive ran, the 5th element mod works great, and a DHF aside of weight is bottomless and tracks like a ninja...
So given the cartridge adapters pop out soon its going to open up alot of potential for riders...

And the website if it remains on track is pretty bad @$$.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
I wonder which marzocchi is cheapest for to fit 38mm avalanche kit?

VF, RCV would go well? which year started marzocchi use 38mm stanchions?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
To whoever post that single crown forks could be upgraded soon, you lie through your teeth.

I got this in reply-
"Possible in the future, at this time we do not have the cartridge tubes and rods that short.

Thank you,
Craig Seekins"

So I think it may be a while away.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
yeah hes just starting with the 38mm then the 35 will follow.... If people want the 35 they should email him to show support for it, each adapter design costs $ to manufacture in a mid QT then the whole line coming out cost a pretty BIG chunk of change so trying to accomodate the one with intrest first then the next one follows...

llaskin

Chimp
Feb 7, 2004
To whoever post that single crown forks could be upgraded soon, you lie through your teeth.

I got this in reply-
"Possible in the future, at this time we do not have the cartridge tubes and rods that short.

Thank you,
Craig Seekins"

So I think it may be a while away.
I didn't say 'soon'. I said he mentioned that he might try to make conversion kits for SC forks if there was sufficient demand. If people are legitimately interested, we should let him know.

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Good to hear that the cartridge performs so well! I loved the damping on my DHF!
I ordered the 32mm Boxxer version last week, but have not received it yet... Can't wait!

If it works as well as I hope it will, I'm certainly interested in a version for my Marzocchi 66.
Not sure about model year, but it has ATA spring and 35mm legs. 130-160mm travel, I think... Probably -06/07 :)

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I emailed about getting one for my 07 888. Sounds like there have been lots of people asking but not enough ready to commit to building the carts for them yet.

92SE-R

piston slapper
Feb 5, 2004
San Diego, CA
So will this work for all models? I've been looking for cheap budget dual crowns to get the new cartridges. Will it work for a 2008 888RV? I want to get some AVY action.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
HERE THEY ARE 888s 38mm , 35mm and the Boxxers 35mm , 32mm adapters are done and in...

Installation instructions are on the site and eady as well as pics mauals etc it is now a fully lined product for Marzocchi stuff and Rockshox...

Direct from Craigs mouth "The 38mm MArzocchi feels absolutley AMAZING, WOW!" Apparently better seals and bushings.

38mm on left and 35mm on right for 888s