Quantcast

Avalanche fatality at Alpental

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
I am sure some of you have heard that there was a fatal avalanche at Alpental yesterday (Wednesday, Jan. 12). Unfortunately, it has claimed the life of a local mountain biker, and a good friend of mine, Eric Lewis.

Eric was not a direct part of the Ridemonkey community, but he was a very active local mountain biker. His real passion was for skiing, and it was something he was very good at. He died doing what he loved.

Please join me in extending condolances to his family, his girlfriend Heather and all his friends.

Justin

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
That's terrible. Condolences to all that knew him.

Steven's had a small avalanche today (Thurs 13) off of skyline ridge. Actually it was on the hill to the left of skyline (access via 7th heaven or high traverse off of skyline). Nobody got hurt. It was a good day today; 10" of the fluffy stuff to be had: YUM :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my condolences to his girlfriend, family, and friends.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Small world it is. After 24 hours I now find that people both in the local bike family as well as my alt season snow family knew him well. Will take a few turns at Alpental in his memory tomorrow.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I knew a student from Gonzaga that was just killed in an avalanche too. It's a tough thing; be careful on the mountains. You have my condolences.