Quantcast

Avalanche Qs

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Can anybody suggest to me whether an Avy shock tuned for a lighter rider (180lbs) than I am (200lbs) still ride acceptably, or will the damping be too light on it, and not adjustable to an acceptable level? The shock would be going on a Sunday and it does have Hi/lo...

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Can anybody suggest to me whether an Avy shock tuned for a lighter rider (180lbs) than I am (200lbs) still ride acceptably, or will the damping be too light on it, and not adjustable to an acceptable level? The shock would be going on a Sunday and it does have Hi/lo...
I'm not so sure the tune Craig would install is based solely on your weight. I'm thinking it has mostly to do with the suspension leverage ratio. What is the shock coming off of?

DH-LOS

Chimp
Oct 3, 2009
I think you would be fine dude, I mean Craig would tell you best but tuned for 20lb difference I think it will ride fine, but you would want to get it dialed in for your weight at some point..

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
FWIW, I had my Chubie valved for a 180lb rider and I'm around 205-210. This was on a Sunday and I absolutely loved the feel. I also like a slightly softer set up, and this worked great.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks for the tip. I think I saw something from you on Pinkbike and was going to try and track you down, but I didn't know if you still came by here.

The shock is used, coming off and going onto a Sunday, valved for a 180lb rider, going under a 200lb rider. I'm on a budget (just don't want to spend mo money) so used it is.