Quantcast

Avid Matchmaker question....

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yes it work. i have done it as well on my xc bike with both shifters. i perfer it the other was though and that is the way it is currently setup. also as an added benefit they are lighter and give your bar a super clean look. in my option there really is not a down side. also i will say that i'm running the formula version and they actually let you side the shifter about 5mm left and right. this allows you to put the shifter in any position that you want unlike the sram ones (not that the sram ones are bad)

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Ian, it'll work fine. They're intended to work either way (left or right side).

You can have my left one if you want it, just pay postage and its yours. (i gotta find it first...)

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Ian, it'll work fine. They're intended to work either way (left or right side).

You can have my left one if you want it, just pay postage and its yours. (i gotta find it first...)

RAD!....maybe this is my good karma for mailing Brian HCM#1 spacers for a 888 bolt on stem for free.....

i'm totally fired up right now.....if you dig it up, email me at ianmcollins13@gmail.com let me know how much you want and i'll paypal it to you stat.....

thanks bud

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Another added plus of the Matchmaker is becuase of its svelte design it will be the first to go in a crash, thereby protecting your shifter and brake from taking all the impact. The bad thing about this is trying to find a replacement quickly (all the shops in Whistler were out of them) so make sure you carry the regular clamps with you as backups.